Halloween Potluck - HELP

Options
tssomerville6113
tssomerville6113 Posts: 40 Member
I need something to bring that healthy yet yummy to bring to my work potluck.... any ideas ?there is about 12 of us so it not big ...

Replies

• Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I suggest brining the veggies! That way you know they re there.. you can eat some yourself... but still enjoy some other not so good for you foods if you want to!
    I personally love fried cauliflower??? I have a great recipe that includes bread crumbs and low fat parm cheese... YUMMO! GOODLUCK!
  • Jaywalker_7
    Jaywalker_7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    A few years ago we had a Halloween party and I made multiple things but the "Mummy dogs" were a hit. Just a hot dog wrapped in a crescent roll and baked. Then you make 2 dots of mustard for the eyes. You can google for images. Now, I understand that hot dogs and crescent rolls aren't the most healthy choices, but maybe you could do like some sort of turkey sausage with reduced fat rolls? I just remember them being super easy to make and everyone gobbled them up. You could also do a healthier version of pumpkin dip. It's a can of pumpkin, a box of instant vanilla pudding (no milk added, just the powder) and a tub of cool whip. Then serve with (reduced fat?) Nilla Wafers. You could do low fat cool whip and sugar free pudding to cut calories as well. Sorry if those ideas aren't healthy enough. I tried to think of some things I've done that have been enjoyed besides classic fruit & veggie trays.
  • Jaywalker_7
    Jaywalker_7 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add, you put some pumpkin pie spice in the pumpkin dip as well.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower chicken wings?
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    1tg4bkl5u3sm.jpg
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Veggie or fruit platter, hummus & pita chips.
  • fishcat123
    fishcat123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    A big salad with lots of vegetables...easy and healthy! Maybe with roasted butternut squash, apples, and (a moderate amount of) pumpkin seeds to go with the fall theme?
  • RedHatPatti
    RedHatPatti Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    PUMPKIN Chili - on line recipes..
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Don't be the person who brings the veggies... that's just sad.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I need something to bring that healthy yet yummy to bring to my work potluck.... any ideas ?there is about 12 of us so it not big ...

I was going to suggest deviled eggs with olive spiders but see someone else already has.
    You could make meatballs with an olive embedded for an eye. If you want to have them with pasta and sauce you could try spinach noodles.
    You could make guacamole or hummus and make baked tortilla or pita chips that you cut into Halloween shapes with a food cutter.
    Crunchy mummies- Celery filled with a cream cheese spread. Arrange ham slices over the cream cheese to look like bandages. Use cut cranberries or pimento for eyes.
    Salad with homemade croutons cut out with Halloween cookie cutters
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I made mini corndog muffins for my office; they look like eyeballs.
  • emmacken
    emmacken Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I saw a cute idea on pinterest where someone drew jack-o-lantern faces on the plastic flim on individual fruit cups. They used mandarin oranges and peach slices to really get that pumpkin idea across.