10,000 Steps!

Options
Poofersgrl
Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
First: I want to thank all of those who kicked my butt today about moving more when I am home. (I work 3 hrs per day) and the rest I am home doing stuff. I also do Leslie Sansone videos 3-4 times per week for 30 mins.

I am not sure if this would be considered a success or not, but wanted to share with you all that I began wearing my pedometer that tracks calories and steps around 1pm today. Its now 7pm and I have walked 6330 steps and burned extra 171 calories and distance was 3 miles. I will be taking the pedometer off for the evening.

I guess I might be able to do the 10K steps after all.

Replies

• Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Every steps counts! Great job :)
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Well done! Amazing achievement! :smile:
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    This is my goal as well. I have a fitbit "one". I have only made it to 6000. But that is because I am a lazy turd. :p Hoping this time around I can do it.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Buttkicker here :grinning::blush:

1) well done
    2) told you so dance
    3) don't take the pedometer off until you go to bed, and don't forget to put it back on tomorrow

Good luck in your journey
  • Dipmom
    Dipmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have started walking 20 minutes as soon as I get up and then 20 minutes at lunch. It's made it so easy to hit 10,000. It's best not to wait until 9:00 and then realize you still need 3000 more! Even 5 minutes at a time throughout the day ads up fast.
  • Poofersgrl
    Poofersgrl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I ended up at 13K steps yesterday from 7am-630pm (when I take it off) as in the evenings I am less moving around. =D Thank you!!! I am considering another fitbit (had one, but didn't care for it). Not sure my pedometer is 100% accurate, but does the job.
  • nessab70
    nessab70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    11453 today first time ever over 11000
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Great job! =)
  • shells0715
    shells0715 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm starting the 10 000 steps today..see how far I get :) Husband and I just got pedometers !
  • Labellern
    Options
    On the days I work (ER nurse in busy inner city hospital), I easily get 11,000! Just on shift.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Well done honey!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!