And so... I'm back!

Options
Not totally new out here!

Here is my story: I weighed 85 kilos ( or 187 lbs) and decided to give MFP a try when I was in Britain. This has been a great success, I had lost about 26lbs and decided I was strong enough to go on without MFP. I admit I was a bit weary of logging my food and exercises everyday (food was the worst since I'm French and wasn't at ease with all the labels and foods in English when I began using MFP). I had then 44 lbs to go but felt ok.

At the beginning, I was fine, committed to healthy meals and exercises everyday, and went down to 159lbs (69 kilos). This was great but being under the 70 kilos made me think that I had the control of what I did. And so I began being less accoutable, taking risks and bad habits thinking that I won't have any problems now that I had my weight under control.

You know the end: I totally lost control, wasn't able to be reasonable anymore. Now I can't stand my weight anymore after having put all my weight back on. I've then decided to come back on MFP since using MFP was the only thing which really worked for me.

I didn't realize how important it was to be with supportive people, I wasn't aware of the importance of reading success stories everyday, I didn't realize that logging my food was annoying but absolutely necessary. And so I'm back here because I do know that MFP will be the tool which will help me and that I cannot go where I want without it.

Friends requests are welcome :)

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    what are you doing different this time? why do you think you are serious this time?
  • Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    This time I know that there is no way I can quit MFP. PLus a few things which are a bit private to be shared :smile:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Is it enough to keep you committed forever?
  • geojeepgirl
    geojeepgirl Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Life is a journey and full of self lessons. I have also found that if I dont track its harder to stay accountable. Feel free to add me. :-)
  • Sandylovesm
    Options
    Yoovie : I' ll see, it' s worth a try :)
    Geojeepgirl: thank you, I will!
  • Changingmyfatitude
    Changingmyfatitude Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Welcome back hun and goodluck, friend request coming your way
  • badholland
    badholland Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow I totally see myself in your post! I relax as soon as I am nearly there and get sloppy. So i put weight backon and it also means I never really get there. I want to reach my full potential! Sending you a request :smiley:
  • xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have a similar story. Lost 27 lbs, stopped tracking and gained 19 back. I started over in May and have lost 38 lbs to date. For me, having friends on here, realizing I needed to make tracking and exercising a way of life was key too. Good luck!
  • Sandylovesm
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support <3
  • cherrychoc67
    cherrychoc67 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just posted in another thread on how I lost it all got over confidant and now I also find myself over weight again. I was 97kg and got down to 49kg, I felt bloody fantastic but slowly I gained a little mainly because I was being told I was too skinny ( I didn't think so ) but then it just kept going up and up now I am back up to 61kg and I feel like crap. I never thought I would be doing this again, I have been dieting all my life and at 47 I didn't want to be doing it again. But maybe I have learnt my lesson lol. I would really like some MFP friends who have been down the same road ( lost it all then gained back ) I think if you can support each other when you have had a bad day it helps to get back up the next day (*)
  • Sandylovesm
    Options
    of course Gypsy, I'll send you a friend request!