what do you use when/do you have dry and or cracked lips?

Options
2»

Replies

• johnmurphymfp
    johnmurphymfp Posts: 2,590 Member
    Options
    I used to use Chap-Stick, then someone suggested using Burt's Bee's. I love the Vitamin E and peppermint.
  • DEVINinMN
    DEVINinMN Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    For seriously dry lips use vaseline, never use Carmex.
  • Lian98
    Lian98 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Organic lip balm made with coconut oil is amazing! I get mine at a farmer's market near my house. Best stuff I have found in years. Try going to a organic market!
  • Tammy_1971
    Tammy_1971 Posts: 93 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    DEVINinMN wrote: »
    For seriously dry lips use vaseline, never use Carmex.

THIS... and yes, never use Carmex, it actually has a drying agent in it.... for cold sores and fever blisters.

I put vaseline on my lips every night before I go to bed... also, if you are a vitamin person, taking L-Lysine is good.

• agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Aquaphor.
  • Maryam2014mfp
    Options
    chadya07 wrote: »
    drink more water and wear sunscreen on your lips.

^^^^^^This and medicated blistex in the little blue jar. Also, Avène carries a lip protection with vitamins and sunscreen ... FYI
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    chadya07 wrote: »
    drink more water and wear sunscreen on your lips.

^^^^^^This and medicated blistex in the little blue jar. Also, Avène carries a lip protection with vitamins and sunscreen ... FYI

The Blistex Lip Medix is awesome!!

• holagatita
    holagatita Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    burts bees
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    AyaRowan wrote: »
    My favorite is Eos lip balm, as astrostellar mentioned. I used to use chapstick, but because it's all waxy it's meant to hold in natural moisture not add moisture. If you're having a dry lips issue, holding in natural moisture won't help much since it's already lacking. I would always have peeling lips even with obsessive chapstick application.

Now I use mint Eos, I put it on whenever I feel the need, and I always put it on before bed so I don't wake up with chapped lips if I breath through my mouth while I sleep.

The write up on the sweet mint, I see Eos at Walmart all the time so if you live in the U.S. you should probably find it easily:

eos lip balm in Sweet Mint is 95% organic, 100% natural, and paraben and petrolatum free. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, eos keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth.

Long-lasting moisture
    Shea butter & vitamin E
    Smoothes on clear
    Precisely glides on lips
    Twist-off top

Gluten-free
    Paraben-free
    Petrolatum-free
    Phthalate-free
    0.25 oz

You can also use virgin coconut oil to moisturize your lips, that stuff's amazing too.

Yep, now I own 3 containers in different flavors in under a week since I found this post.
  • Medivh73
    Medivh73 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Vaseline
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Crazy Rumors lip balms are amazingly moisturising, so there's less need for reapplications. They've been so useful for my lips in Europe during winter, even at temperatures of -8 degrees Celsius.
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    This is honestly the best stuff I've ever used, and I've used just about everything.

esteelauder.com/product/9196/22792/Product-Catalog/AERIN/Rose-Lip-Conditioner

With Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Lip being a close second. I used it for years, and seriously, it's a great product as well.

elizabetharden.com/Eight-Hour-Cream-Lip-Protectant-Stick-Sunscreen-SPF-15/10014253000,default,pd.html?start=4&cgid=skincare-eight-hour-cream

Both are extremely healing, and VERY moisturizing. When they "wear off" so to speak, your lips don't feel dry again, like they do with Chapstick and Vaseline.

You can use original Eight Hour Cream on your lips, but I'll be honest, it doesn't taste good at all, and the smell is horrible. However, if you have extremely dry or chapped skin, it's the best thing you'll ever use. You just have to get past the smell.

elizabetharden.com/eight-hour-cream-skin-protectant/10014252000,default,pd.html?start=1&cgid=skincare-eight-hour-cream

• RachelStidd
    RachelStidd Posts: 1,102
    edited October 2014
    Options
    coconut butter! it works wonders!
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Drink more water. Eos Lip Balm.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I use the entire Avon Anew Ultimate 7 line of skincare. I put the eyecream on my lips and around my mouth every morning and night as part of my skin care routine then use regular spf lip balm to seal in the moisture and protect my lips from the sun. I have not once had dry cracked lips since I started doing this and I live where it can get really windy.
  • addy_leigh
    Options
    Make sure you're staying hydrated, that plays a big role. Also, I put on a little bit of Carmex before I go to sleep and I always wake up with my lips being really smooth. Throughout the day I like to use my Aquafina lip balm if I feel like my lips are a little dry :)
  • daveclrk58
    Options
    A little chapstick always does the trick for me!