best_and_worst_of_halloween_candy

Options

Replies

• Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Worst- circus peanuts, those hard coconut things (I don't remember what they are called) and of course raisins.
    Best-any sort of gum or chocolate
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Best - Reeses, 3 Musketeers

Worst - pamphlets/toothbrush/anything non edible, and I was never a fan of Bit'O'Honey or cow tails

Candy corn debate - I think I'm one of the few that's in the middle on this. I won't buy it, or look for it. But if it's there I'll grab some. (and if you stack them all together in a circle they're supposed to look like corn on the cob I guess)
  • sparkynazca
    sparkynazca Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Best: Mr. Goodbar mini! I also loved getting plastic witch fingers to wear around.
    Worst: Raisins! Ugh, I hated raisins. Although now I tend to put them in my candy bowl for Halloween as a healthy option along with the full size candy bars. I'm the best house to trick or treat at!!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Worst: Mary Janes or anything taffy-like
    Best: Snickers

As an adult I still love anything chocolate, and I really like Mounds and Almond Joy because the coconut gives them "staying power"...I'm still chewing that stuff like an hour later. But Halloween night is the only time I eat Smarties--this is the American-style Smartie which is just basically barely-fruit-flavored sugar powder compacted into a little tablet--so I end up eating packet after packet of them and then I'm good for another year.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Anything chocolate, but particularly mini Snickers, Reese's Cup and Almond Joy. You can keep the sweet tarts, gum and candy corn (though if stacked correctly, it does resemble an ear).
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Best: Reeces peanut butter cups or anything with chocolate
    Worst: Hard cinnamon candies or peppermints...come on folks those are basically medicinal throat losenges gross!
  • strangewebby
    Options
    Anything chocolate got inhaled nearly faster than I could unwrap it.
    Worst was anything non edible, who are people trying to kid by giving us religious pamphlets and toothbrushes?
    On one of my last trick or treating years I ended up getting a lot of homemade treats and ziplock bags of peanuts. As a matter of "safety" my mom wouldn't let me have them but had no problems with my dad eating them.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Best - ButterFingers and peanutbutter cups
    worst - mike & ikes
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    unfortunately...or fortunately depending on how you look at it, candy has never really been my thing, with only a few exceptions...I can eat my own weight in Reeces Cups, Gummy Worms/Bears are like kryptonite, and I can suck on Jolly Ranchers all damned day if you let me.

That's about it though...nothing else really appeals to me all that much and there are numerous candies I just find downright disgusting...way too long of a list for this post.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    This is a scientifically-generated, ranked list of halloween candies. It's nearly perfect, imho! l55rhnf18ycp.jpg
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I live in the south, Texas, and the cheapos give out pecans.....Most people have pecan trees, so its the inexpensive way of treating.........
  • jacques57
    jacques57 Posts: 2,129 Member
    Options
    My favorites were anything with chocolate. Smarties were interesting. Heath bars or now Skor were the BOMB. Necco Wafers let us play "Korrupted Kommunion!"

I despised the popcorn balls in colored cellophane. Hard candies, marshmallow anything, and the multicolored bonbon-licorice doo-dads were foul.

And I for one confess my addiction to High Fructose Corn Syrup and cannot avoid eating candy corn. It is my gateway drug.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Worst: Candy corn and licorice

Best: sour gummies and chocolate bars
  • addy_leigh
    Options
    Worst: Those Mary Jane peanut butter things

Best: Kit Kats!
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    Best : Candy Corn & Reese's Peanut Butter Cups

Worst : anything with coconut
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I have a new worst...houses decorated and with all the outside and inside lights on who still
    still don't open the door...isn't darkened porch the universal signal for..."we ran out of candy"?
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Best- CC_Brachs-Royals-1970s.jpg

Worst - dscn6767.jpg
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Best is Mr. Goodbar Hershey miniatures. Actually, and of those little bars are great.

Worst is Necco Wafers. What the hell are those anyway? Honesly, I'd rather eat TUMS!!!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I trick or treated in the late 50's and early 60's. I always remember that the lady across the street (Frieda) handed out regular candy to most everybosdy, but when me and my siblings knocked on her door, she made us Ice Cream cones.

Can't do that now. If you give out any candy that is not in a sealed package, it's going to get tossed.