Anxiety and Candy!

Options
Tonight I have been roped into taking my younger siblings and six of their friends that I have never met (all 14 to 15) trick or treating. The problem is I have a social anxiety pretty bad and when I get really stressed or anxious I eat. What makes it worse is people close to my own age stress me the most.Tonight just seems like the perfect storm. I'll be really anxious and the will be a ton of candy. Any tips on not screwing up my progress? I've only got 1 pound left before I reach my first goal. Thank you in advance.

Replies

• daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You are in control, claim this mentality! You are the captain!! Your goal is more worth the 30seconds flavour of candy, choose your goal over temporary pleasure.... you have your whole life to eat candy, so wait, and finish your goal! You can do it!!! Challenge yourself, overcome and become mentally tougher as life goes on, this is one of those times!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    There's a chart around here somewhere that tells you how much to exercise for each piece you eat. Good luck.
  • melindabrock
    melindabrock Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I already know I may go over my calories today but I also know I will be walking all night SO I will add in my walking and hope I don't go over :)
  • leah_motz
    leah_motz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bring a water bottle with you and every time you want a piece of candy, take a drink of water. I'd also plan which one piece of candy I wanted and have that at the end of the night as a reward for myself for not going overboard with candy.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    kaystep33 wrote: »
    Tonight I have been roped into taking my younger siblings and six of their friends that I have never met (all 14 to 15) trick or treating. The problem is I have a social anxiety pretty bad and when I get really stressed or anxious I eat. What makes it worse is people close to my own age stress me the most.Tonight just seems like the perfect storm. I'll be really anxious and the will be a ton of candy. Any tips on not screwing up my progress? I've only got 1 pound left before I reach my first goal. Thank you in advance.

I had to tell myself that sugar is poison to me and that I would die if I ate candy. Son just came in with a boat load.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options

How did it go? Were you able to relax?
  • kaystep33
    kaystep33 Posts: 20 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »

How did it go? Were you able to relax?

Yeah not all of them went so it wasn't as bad. I still had an "episode" but not bad enough to ruin the night. I did eat a good amount of candy, but not so much as to derail my progress. Thanks for asking.