How do I keep my sugar down?

Options
I've been having trouble keeping my sugar down to the suggested amount. I don't think I eat very sugary foods, but it seems to be in everything, any suggestions?

Replies

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I am over daily by about 15g. I don't really pay that much attention to it.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    DRem7 wrote: »
    I've been having trouble keeping my sugar down to the suggested amount. I don't think I eat very sugary foods, but it seems to be in everything, any suggestions?

Unless you have a medical issue (like diabetes), I wouldn't worry over much about it. Just focus on keeping your calories in check.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Check labels more carefully. Go shop at places with more whole foods.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If this is natural sugar, like from fruit, it's really not an issue. When the experts talk about reducing sugars, they're talking about added sugar, which you can find on the nutrition labels.

You can find all sugar info on the labels and in the ingredients. :)
  • DRem7
    DRem7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks that was really helpful
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    DRem7 wrote: »

Yes it is added to even meat which tripped me up. Unless you are doing nutritional ketosis be a tad high on sugar may not be a big concern but you will just that to work with your doctor on that one.