Newbie needing support

Options
Hi everyone. I'm needing to lose 100 lbs to get my health and life back. I have such an addiction to sugar and salt. I can go a while without it and then I feel the need to sit down and eat a whole package of cookies or lick the ice cream container!!!! Well let's follow the sweets with something salty then back to something sweet....ugh! I want to be free from these cravings. My 5' 3" frame can't tolerate my 229. Anyways, if anyone else has experienced these cravings or have had success in losing large amounts of weight without surgery or diet pills give me a holler! I would love to team up for some motivation. Friend requests will be greatly appreciated. :)

Replies

• andreannab
    Options
    Hi there. I am 41 and very short only 5' I know struggle of losing weight being short and the cravings!! I have recently lost 41.5 pounds and am over 1/2 way to my goal. If you want any advice or just to talk message me. I have finally found a plan and a lifestyle that works. If feels great when things just click. My friend lost 130 pounds in 10 months. He was my initial motivator.
  • angdpowers
    angdpowers Posts: 311 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hey pretty lady!! Although I didn't have 100lbs pounds to lose, I did have nearly 40lbs and I lost it all in about 9months. I am almost at 2yrs at logging with MFP now, and so I've been maintaining for a long while. So, even though I didn't have a large amount of weight to lose in some people eyes, it was HUGE for me because like you, I just craved foods so bad and then would binge. And I'm talking 8-10 full size snickers. A whole package of oreos and then wash it down with a bag of lays chips and then a coke because I felt like I needed sugar after all that salt. Just terrible. And I still have those cravings. I still have those crappy days where I eat 3000-4000cals. It just happens. BUUUUUT, I stuck with it and it came off and its stayed off.
  • marholland937
    marholland937 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Andrea and Ang. Congrats on your weight loss. How fantastic. I will send you both a message. Thank you so much for reaching out. I'm not looking for any miracle cures for sure, I want something longlasting. After all, it took a while for me to double in size. I really dont want to give up my favorite snacks, but am feeling I need to be accountable to someone. At the moment I can't trust myself to be accountable to just me. You know what I mean?

• AmurLeopard
    AmurLeopard Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I just wanted to say hi as I'm in the same boat as you - I've got about 100lb to lose and want to be myself again - I don't feel like 'me' any more. I tend to do quite well for a while and then have sugar cravings - I know exactly what that's like. I recently read that cravings disappear after about 20 mins, so I'm trying to distract myself from them and do something else for a while, and it does seem to work, though it's hard! I find drinking fruity teas helps as they can be fairly sweet without many calories. I also have the problem that I like to have desserts after a meal. But I'm trying hard now to stop eating when I start to feel full up and to only have a dessert if I am genuinely still hungry. Sometimes just a glass of fruit juice will be enough. It takes so much willpower though! Just keep reminding yourself of how you'll feel when you lose the weight, and try to love yourself enough to not give in to those cravings. Good luck!