is 30 day shred a good workout?

Options
I just bought insanity but I keep hearing people talk about jillians 30 day shred.....does it work and if soo how much weight or inches have you lost?

Replies

• chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    i use 30 day shred as a filler for when i'm short on time, but jillian doesn't mess around! i love that it's only about 20 minutes, but i find it very intense - and i know a ton of people have had wonderful results using in consistently.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    i use 30 day shred as a filler for when i'm short on time, but jillian doesn't mess around! i love that it's only about 20 minutes, but i find it very intense - and i know a ton of people have had wonderful results using in consistently.

I use it the same way. I find that it makes my running easier- I can go farther and faster since I've added Jillian in. Sometimes I'll do 20-30 minutes on the elliptical, then do Jillian. THAT is an excellent work out!

But Jillian by herself would also be great.
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    All exercise is good if you ease into it, enjoy it, and commit to it regularly.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I use it the same way. I find that it makes my running easier- I can go farther and faster since I've added Jillian in. Sometimes I'll do 20-30 minutes on the elliptical, then do Jillian. THAT is an excellent work out!

Oooh, does it make your running better? I gave up on it because... well, I find it hard to do exercise without a significant idea of what improvements are happening or without clear goals. Then again, I might just have another go to see any changes (I've been running C25K) to my fitness.

Thanks for the info.
  • allisoncook87
    allisoncook87 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! So is Biggest Loser Cardio Max!
  • admmommy
    admmommy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I will tell you that I started my initial weight loss with her 30DS DVD and I ended up losing around 100 pounds! I have stopped using it for about 6-8 months and now I have decided to start it back up again (Tuesday I started) so in the past 4 days I have already felt myself to become more flexible and I can tell that I am getting through the exercises better without so much added "Come on Jillian, give me a break!" LOL My usual work out routine is M,W,F I run for 25 minutes and do the DVD and T,TH I do eliptical for 30 minutes and the DVD. So long story short this DVD works!
  • igora_soma
    igora_soma Posts: 486
    Options
    Yes.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Same as the others. I use the 30 DS if I haven't had a chance to exercise that day. I wouldn't do it as my only exercise, there's nowhere near enough cardio in it, but it's a good companion to running. I don't tend to do it while I am doing boot camps which contain weights anyway. It's a good workout if you are very short on time.
  • Missrachelf
    Options
    It is a great workout. I started with 30-day Shred, then every other day added 20 min. of her 6 week 6 pack. Now I'm on 30 day shred with weights (kettlebell) and the "Ripped in 30". I have consistently did only these and lost 30 pounds since December. It works.

SW: 174 5'9" (Size 14)
    GW #1: 150 met March (Size 10)
    GW #2 145 met April (Size 8)
    CW 143 (Size 6)

3160457.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I hurt my shoulder in the first week and stopped. I have really been enjoying the Biggest Loser workouts
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I love this work out, espceially since you can do different levels that work for you. No problems if you choose to go from level 2 back to 1 and so forth either. I love the idea it is 20 minutes (crazy lifestyle) cardio/strength/ab intervals that burns fat quick!
  • iuali81
    iuali81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My huband and I started it about 3.5 weeks ago. It's the only thing we've been doing so far. We decided to use it to kick start our weight loss. We are about 1/2 way through level 2. It's very hard, but it gets easier so I know it's working and I'm getting stronger. I have lost 6 lbs so far and my husband has lost 10!