Six months in and 33lbs down- before and "during" photos. Still a work in progress!

Options
Six months ago I recognized that, at 5'2 and 178lbs, I was obese. Even though I didn't "look" it, I was obese and it was seriously affecting my health. I have a lot of mental health issues, mostly relating to PTSD and depression, so getting off my butt to do something about it was hard in and of itself. But I did. I started doing cardio, I started lifting. In August, I started powerlifting. And now, even with 15lbs to go before my goal weight, the progress still amazes me every day.

AFT41QN.png

Replies

• mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You should be proud!!!!
  • malavika413
    malavika413 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job! That's a huge accomplishment.
  • hmrambling
    hmrambling Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress :) Keep up the good work.
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Not only does your body look 100% better, but your eyesight improved as well. Nice!
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    great job, your body shape looks almost identical to mine except i have smaller boobs. im 5 ' 5 though, it was almost like looking in the mirror creepy lol
  • mousek
    mousek Posts: 7
    Options
    Wow, that is very inspirational!
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    jim180155 wrote: »
    Not only does your body look 100% better, but your eyesight improved as well. Nice!

HA. That's was funny.
  • NotJustADieter
    NotJustADieter Posts: 229 Member
    Options

Haha, thanks. Contact lenses :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Still have 15lbs or so to lose, but I'm feeling amazing.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    LMAO

You should feel very proud of what you did so far
  • lucybless
    Options
    Fantastic, you look amazing..Keep it up !!
  • dawsonjd
    Options
    awesome
  • askcupid117
    askcupid117 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Keep up the great work!
  • starchild3
    starchild3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I have depression also and just getting up and moving is a great thing!
  • lisajuliette
    lisajuliette Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You have such a lovely figure! You're going to look amazing at your goal weight! I have a mood disorder, kinda like a mild bipolar with the "manic" parts so I totally understand the struggle of depression.
  • calichic74
    calichic74 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! And, your figure, is AMAZING!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!