Ripped in 30/30 Day Shred Hybrid exercise group?

Options

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Day 6 complete! I'll probably take tomorrow off. That's the plan. Today went well.
    Day 5 done for me as well. I was thinking of increasing the weights on the bicep curl as well. I don't feel it at all. However, on the chest fly part, I definitely feel it with the 5 lb weight! :)
    HA! I only use 3 on those, or I might keel over.
  • rbcca19
    rbcca19 Posts: 91
    Options
    Try it with the 5!! ha ha. You might keel over too! :) D6 done for me. It's been great so far, but I am looking forward to NOT doing this tomorrow! I need a break.
  • rbcca19
    Options
    Day 7 done for me.

Who else is ripping? Come on, ladies!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Saturday I rested, and was semi-injured from another DVD I worked too hard in. So I've taken a couple more days off. I might be back tomorrow, but definitely the by Wednesday. :happy:

Congrats on week 1 rbcca!!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm loving week 2. Not crazy about the plank jacks and mt climbers but I'll get through them
  • rbcca19
    Options
    You take care of yourself, but you better keep checking up on us (well, it looks like it's just me lol). I need support! :) D8 done for me. It was a lot easier than D1. I am looking forward to level 2 and going to buy 8 lb weights today!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I'm loving week 2. Not crazy about the plank jacks and mt climbers but I'll get through them
    Sounds like the Shred! Are you Shredding, or Ripping?
    You take care of yourself, but you better keep checking up on us (well, it looks like it's just me lol). I need support! :) D8 done for me. It was a lot easier than D1. I am looking forward to level 2 and going to buy 8 lb weights today!
    There should be a lot more people posting, but I guess they didn't find their way back... Maybe they will... Woot! 8 lbs!! :drinker: Are you in W2 of Ripped now than?
    _________

D7 W1 complete! Tomorrow it's on to week 2 for me! :bigsmile:
  • rbcca19
    Options
    I'm actually doing 10 days of each level. Thus the Ripped in 30 (days). :-) So, I will start week 2 on Friday, I believe. Day9 done for me. I am looking forward to level 2.

What do you think of level 2 so far??
  • rbcca19
    Options
    Day 10 done for me. Tomorrow I start Level 2. What do you ladies think? When I started I was alternating between 3 & 5 lb weights, but I've put the 3 lb weights away! It's 5 & 8 lb weights now.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    What do you think of level 2 so far??
    I took today off cause my workouts yesterday were pretty intense. Great saying so long to those 3 lbs!! :bigsmile: I did L2 today, but I don't want to influence how you feel about it, so YOU tell ME what you think of it first. :laugh:
  • rbcca19
    Options
    ha ha! Safe answer.

Level 2 is a lot harder. I have to slow down some of the moves so that I can get the motions right. I like it though. It's intense though, you know? Like the push ups and doing the knees up to the elbows, etc?

Now what do you think?
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Haha, yeah. I modify almost all of the moves cause a lot of them are hard on my wrists, and also, I don't want to re-injure my back, and a lot of the ab moves are scary (for my back). I don't believe in full sit ups. :wink:

I'm really disappointed that I only burned 190 calories with W2 and was burning 230-280 cals in week 1. It reminds me of the Shred. In L2 I was working SO HARD, and then in L3 I had to modify everything, and found it wasn't as challenging.

I like the moves in week 1 a lot better, and I miss Jillian. I don't like her attitude as much in W2. Day one is always awkward for me, though, so I'll have to give it another go before I judge it more.

I'm really excited that NMTZ and BFBM arrived in the mail for me though! I think I might do W2 every other day, and alternate with the 2 new DVDs, since I (so far) like them better than W2.
  • rbcca19
    Options
    What other DVDs did you get? I don't recognize them. Are they Jillian ones?

I haven't done day 11 yet today. I find myself lacking a lot of motivation. I am going to do it tonight after the kids go to bed or during the baby's nap time. I am going to do it, I just couldn't bring myself to do it this morning.

I know what you mean about level 2. It is a challenge. How do you know how many cals you burned?
  • rbcca19
    Options
    I think my days are mixed up. Yesterday was Day 12 for me. So day 2 of level 2. I also got mixed up between 3 levels on 30 day shred and 4 levels on this video. LOL. So I shouldn't be doing 10 days on each level, although I guess I can.

Still going strong on level 2. Some of the moves are hard, but I am enjoying it.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    What other DVDs did you get? I don't recognize them. Are they Jillian ones?
    Boost Metabolism Banish Fat and No More Trouble Zones are both by Jillian.
    I haven't done day 11 yet today. I find myself lacking a lot of motivation. I am going to do it tonight after the kids go to bed or during the baby's nap time. I am going to do it, I just couldn't bring myself to do it this morning.

I know what you mean about level 2. It is a challenge. How do you know how many cals you burned?
    I hear ya! I STILL haven't done day 9... I have a heart rate monitor that tells me what I burn. :bigsmile: I love it.
    I think my days are mixed up. Yesterday was Day 12 for me. So day 2 of level 2. I also got mixed up between 3 levels on 30 day shred and 4 levels on this video. LOL. So I shouldn't be doing 10 days on each level, although I guess I can.
    :laugh: Glad you're enjoying it!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the Shred! Are you Shredding, or Ripping?

I'm ripping. I took the weekend off so its back on the wagon tonight
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I'm ripping. I took the weekend off so its back on the wagon tonight
    Right on!! :drinker: I'm gonna hop back on tomorrow!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I did Ripped weeks 1 AND 2 today! Half way through week2, I thought I was almost done, but then realized I still had a whole more circuit to go! I really enjoyed it today though! I'm looking forward to doing it again tomorrow.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Completed W2 D3 of Ripped today. I barely got it done in time for bed. Now I can go to sleep happy... :wink:
  • rbcca19
    Options
    I am so soooooo sorry. I had a completely unexpected family trip come up. I just got back after a week of complete exhaustion, of course. I am such a bum!!