Please recommend a protein drink

Options
I don't usually use protein drinks however I will be having surgery next week on my jaw. Surgeon says two weeks of a liquid/soft diet. I would like to be sure I am getting adequate protein and other essential nutrients. At home I can do yogurt, cottage cheese etc, but I am going to have to travel for business 4 of those days (a group function without my own transportation). I would like to purchase some protein powder to make myself some drinks when I am in my hotel room in case I don't have a lot of choices at catered lunches etc. I went to a health food store and GNC to look at the powders. There are so many I was not sure what to look for/choose. I need powder form because it will go on my carry on when I fly and probably needs to be flavored because I'll just be using water.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Well, I've used quite a few but you have to really choose one that fits your needs. I have used BSN's Syntha6 mostly because it has a good amount of protein and calories in each drink, can work as a meal replacement and tastes and looks just like a milkshake even when mixed with water. It is the best tasting protein powder that I've ever had and it mixes well with no clumps in a cup mixer. Whatever drink you choose, I would recommend getting a good liquid vitamin for ladies to make sure you get all of your essential daily vitamins and minerals.
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I like unjury but it's online only. Fast shipping though....
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    What foods did the doctor suggest? They probably have some idea of how to feed people who cannot chew after surgery. Might even get a prescription so whatever-strange-drink is covered

And if you can swallow a multi-vitamin, you have the micro nutrients covered.