How successful is a no-bread or starch diet?

Options
I am thinking of trying not to eat any bread, white rice or pasta for a month. Has anyone tried this tactic before? How successful were you?

Replies

• Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    VERY successful. However, I didn't completely cut it out...just the amounts and timing.

I eat 6 small meals each day but meals 1-3 allow one carb then meals 4-6 do not contain any carbs. I've seen the most dramatic changes in my physique.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I believe that our bodies need all types of nutrients.

A healthier alternative to NO carbs is no white carbs (highly processed)

I have been doing this for about a month now: no white pasta, no white rice, no white bread

Whole grain alternatives for each. They are more nutritious than their highly processed counterparts.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    only short-term success. It's very difficult to stay with a diet like that. As soon as you are off the weight gain is extremely rapid. What I've learned is if it came off fast, it'll come back on fast.
  • gleneagle27909
    gleneagle27909 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Kc,
    Bread is hard to give up if you are addictive, but I did it for several years and had great sucess with my weight maintenance. As soon as I added bread again, it was a constant battle to maintain. If you eat bread and are not addictive to carbs, don't over do it; then work it off. Walk, bike or anything to maintain. It's not about what you can't eat, it's about over eating. Portion control is key and drinking lots of water. No sodas or sweet drinks.
  • kc_swiss
    kc_swiss Posts: 7
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Very helpful info!