Binge Help

Options
So, for past several weeks I cannot stop binging not sure if its from stress, school, etc. I have managed to go from 108 last month to 116. I binge on ice cream chips grapes, etc. Can I lose this binge weight like in 3 weeks or a month? If I stop binging on these things everyday could i notice weight loss? Any tips? Experience? Thank you!

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Consider seeking the help of a therapist who specializes in repeating disorders. Been if you don't have one, they can help you work through your binging.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Perhaps you were underweight and hungry.
  • egirl68
    egirl68 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

5'1" and no its not underweight i like was eating out of boredom and stress i think
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    egirl68 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

5'1" and no its not underweight i like was eating out of boredom and stress i think

You were on the low end though and now you are at the healthy weight range for your age and height. Perhaps you should start with seeing if you CAN stop binging.
  • keep_going_kg
    Options
    Usually with exam and school stress, people generally find it is transient. Once the pressure has alleviated itself then the binging stops and activity starts.

Don't get guilty about it, just make necessary adjustments and keep the past in the past
  • IAteNailsForBreakfast
    Options
    Do you have ED history? I do and niw binge all the time. Fml

I hear distractions help if you can pull your mind away long enough to distact (has once or twice)
  • egirl68
    egirl68 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Do you have ED history? I do and niw binge all the time. Fml

I hear distractions help if you can pull your mind away long enough to distact (has once or twice)

Yes I do actually! How did you lose from bad binges?

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    This might be a helpful read.
    I found it just now while doing some hunting around. It is by quite a reputable person in the fitness world.

http://www.niashanks.com/20-tips-binge-eating/