Replies

• rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    story of my life - for realz
  • badholland
    badholland Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I go to bed thinking about breakfast, then eat breakfast thinking about second breakfast and on and on and on...
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Pre logging my day helps as I have snacks calculated in there.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    What are you doing that you feel hungry?

I suspect there are changes that could be made. We can have lots of filling foods like vegetables. We can have some of anything as long as it sums up to a small calorie deficit.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I love food - but, I think if you plan ahead, it isn't so bad. Halloween - I bought candy, and left it at the neighbor's so I wouldn't have to see it. I baked a grain-free chocolate rich but low sugar cake last night, so that while handing out candy tonight, I can eat a slice of cake and not feel miserable. 171 cal, 5 g sugar, and 13 g carbs -for a slice. I've never been a baker, but I'm hoping to learn and that this will be a way to avoid the holiday treats. Lower calorie, lower sugar, and hopefully just as tasty. - I won't know until tonight - I had enough will power to not taste it as it came out of the oven... (because it was a planned treat to share with the neighbors tonight.)

Every day is a new day, do the best you can and move on.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Food is lovely. This was my breakfast yesterday, and I took some time planning it. http://bit.ly/1zmlYR6 Would it help to pick foods with higher satiety?
  • stillbattlingthebulge
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Dehydration sometimes gets confused with hunger! Also, eat some lean protein! That will kill those hunger pangs and keep them dead! :). Good luck!
  • kaystep33
    kaystep33 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Pre logging my day helps as I have snacks calculated in there.
    This is what I do sometimes. However I am always thinking about my next meal.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Dehydration sometimes gets confused with hunger! Also, eat some lean protein! That will kill those hunger pangs and keep them dead! :). Good luck!

THIS^^^ x2! I am always hungry when it's time for my next meal… but I don't spend my time in between meals being hungry.

But, for the record… I love food too. My problem is learning to stop when I've had enough rather than keep eating just because it tastes good!
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm a food addict. I didn't get to be 410 lbs by having a healthy thought process about food. I think about food even when I'm not hungry, so I chew gum constantly to deal with the oral fixation and it actually helps A LOT. I'm down 87 lbs so far and I owe a lot of self control to gum.. >_<
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, but you seem to confuse being hungry with just wanting food.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...

I'm trying to use my love of good food to my advantage. I make really tasty meals and, yeah, I look forward to them. I don't consider this bad. I find that being hungry before a meal (which is appropriate, I think) can make stuff taste AMAZING, too.

I'm not talking treats here. I just had chicken and brussels sprouts with onions, garlic and red wine sauted until they carmelized. I went for a really long swim this morning so I was hungry with a strong adjective in front of it.

It was a delicious meal and I'm full and happy now. I'll be hungry in a few hours and I'll make something else tasty, then really enjoy the heck out of that, too.

I do find if I'm cold and craving something savory, hot, salty broth satisfies that pretty well until a proper meal time.

I think it's okay to look forward to and enjoy one's meals. What I think is important is to figure out how to make meals that satisfy both physically and emotionally (both are important!) and for goodness sake, enjoy them at mealtime.

• lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? I had to increase my calories/decrease my weight loss rate so that I didn't get too hungry.

I like food
  • cajunurmamma
    Options
    I love food too!! Turn your love into cooking creatively in the kitchen if you can, this helps me a lot. My family and friends can enjoy all the benefits which I've learned is just as satisfying- maybe more because I still taste small portions and feel better.
  • Feistycat
    Feistycat Posts: 12,868 Member
    Options
    I love food, too. Don't love cooking. Luckily I don't have a sweet tooth. Instead, I like second helpings. And restaurants.

I read something interesting yesterday: Feeling hungry is not an emergency.
  • kungabungadin
    kungabungadin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm a food addict. I didn't get to be 410 lbs by having a healthy thought process about food. I think about food even when I'm not hungry, so I chew gum constantly to deal with the oral fixation and it actually helps A LOT. I'm down 87 lbs so far and I owe a lot of self control to gum.. >_<

Wow what a great inspiring story quick but helpful. Good for you and I think I will use that trick. Food is hard to stay away from sometimes but I have say I now hate the feeling of being to full more than I like eating for the taste of it. I am finally back to the habit of using a smaller plate and allowing myself 15 minutes to digest and think before loading up on seconds. Yes food taste good but with some common sense and will power I get through and if I have to I have a healthy snack. Also be sure to drink plenty of water. Good luck with getting control over your food addiction.
  • JusticeBanana
    JusticeBanana Posts: 4
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My friend smokes. He spent five minutes in the windy, rainy, cold last night trying to light a cigarette--like he just HAD to have one for our walk. Made me feel better about my food cravings.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

THIS^^^ x2! I am always hungry when it's time for my next meal… but I don't spend my time in between meals being hungry.

But, for the record… I love food too. My problem is learning to stop when I've had enough rather than keep eating just because it tastes good!
    I have this problem too. If it tastes real good I feel I must finish even if I feel stuffed!