Ketosis

Options
So I've been doing a keto diet for four days. I have been waiting to feel crappy but I've felt amazing and only issue I'm having is loose stool and I'm having a really hard time getting tired I feel like I drank give cups of coffee all day. I wasn't sure if I was actually in ketosis or not because I didn't find myself having the normal symptoms. I took a test and apparently I am it says I'm in the moderate range? Just wondering if I'm doing it right my diary is open so feel free to leave any suggestions. I have lost six pounds I'm sure it's all water but for me that's a great start.

Replies

• heyjude345
    heyjude345 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Your diary is not open.
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    When I first started keto I didn't have the typical symptoms either. Keep at it, it works.

Also, due to some negative reactions on this board surrounding keto, I suggest reading/joining http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1160-keto too. Best of luck!
  • denisegresham1
    denisegresham1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I never had the negative keto symptoms either, which is great, and still lost weight.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    heyjude345 wrote: »
    Your diary is not open.

It is from what I can see?

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    janhiness wrote: »
    So I've been doing a keto diet for four days. I have been waiting to feel crappy but I've felt amazing and only issue I'm having is loose stool and I'm having a really hard time getting tired I feel like I drank give cups of coffee all day. I wasn't sure if I was actually in ketosis or not because I didn't find myself having the normal symptoms. I took a test and apparently I am it says I'm in the moderate range? Just wondering if I'm doing it right my diary is open so feel free to leave any suggestions. I have lost six pounds I'm sure it's all water but for me that's a great start.

Congrats. Every one's experience can be different. I had the flu like feeling but not fever from hitting the coconut oil to hard and fast before I ever got my carbs low enough to stay in nutritional ketosis full time at first.
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    That sounds like what it was for me too. It took me 24 hours to go into ketosis, I skipped the flu and went straight to melting fat and running around like a crazy person with too much energy! I actually called the nutritionist and said, I have TOO MUCH energy, what is this? And she said, "sounds like you skipped the flu"
  • Dezzie1180
    Dezzie1180 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any negative symptoms either. I have lots of energy and have been feeling great.
  • Chocothundathighs
    Chocothundathighs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I felt like crap this whole week. Although mostly headaches, fatigue, and dizziness. I contribute it all to not drinking enough water and salt. You're lucky!