Unexpected...AMAZING!!!!

Options
kdouglas11
kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
So today... I went out to lunch with my husband to a 'drive in' that has been a 'fav' of ours for many years. I got a coney dog... and their special rootbeer. (Yeah I know, junk food galore... but Listen) I've not had soda for at least 6 months. But I used to LOVE rootbeer, so I thought, you know what, I deserve a little 'treat'

Well... I GOT a treat. I took one drink and said 'ewww...this does nothing for me!!!' and gave it to my thin husband. (i weigh less than him now by 20 lbs, but still he's 5 inches taller. Anywho... i ate half my coney dog...and told him to throw it away as well.

The coney dog tasted awesome! But, after eating half of it, I was full. So instead of gorging myself... I threw it away. That would have NEVER happened a year ago.

I know it's a silly unexpected triumph... but it felt good...and made me smile super big!

Replies

• Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    that is awesome!
    Congratulations!
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I remember when I had that "yuck" moment with soda. That was over 19 years ago and I haven't had one since. Don't miss them one bit. =) People think I'm weird! Heh heh.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    yay!!! im so glad!!! I gave up soda for a few months and when i tried it again - it tasted like syrup!! great job! keep it up!!
  • amazondan
    amazondan Posts: 35
    Options
    You know, at some point I think I'll go do my favorite cheeseburger as well. But as I'm learning with other foods, it doesn't take as much to make me feel full as it used to. That's a blessing.
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    Awesome! I'm that way with diet coke now too. It's gross!
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Everyone deserves a treat now and then... you did AWESOME.. I have previously posted... I am becoming a HUGE fan of the NSV!! Way to go you with the NSV! :drinker:
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it ... i am striving for balance so I can have yummy things but still be healthy. It is inspiring to hear your success at it.
  • mawhite717
    mawhite717 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    thats great! i dont know if i'd have the willpower to only eat 1/2 a coney!! lol. im proud of you! keep it up :o)
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I've had those experiences - best thing that could come out of this dieting thing is learning moderation for life!! Congrats! :wink:
  • srixner
    srixner Posts: 6
    Options
    It's not silly. I am the same way with Coke. I grew up with it. I think it was in my bottle when I was a baby. I have been off of it for 5 months now and I went to grab a drink and grabbed my daughters and it was Coke. Man I was so sad that is was not that great after all.

I agree celebrate the small stuff. It is amazing and I am so happy for you for throwing that dog away after you were full.

:wink:
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Way to go! If you were like me, I was always told there are kids starving somewhere so I needed to clean my plate. (As if MY cleaning my plate would save the starving kids!?!?!) It takes a while to change habits, but once you do, it is so wonderful!
  • gwen933
    gwen933 Posts: 81
    Options
    That's awesome!!! You should be very proud of yourself.
  • lormsbee
    lormsbee Posts: 6
    Options
    Happy for you!! That is great!!
  • wagn27
    wagn27 Posts: 65
    Options
    Awesome job recognizing that you were full! I agree on the soda thing too. I had to switch to diet when I found out I was diabetic and now regular soda tastes like someone poured a cup of sugar in it. Yuck! I haven't had diet soda in a few now either, but I took a sip a few nights ago and realized it really isn't as good as I remember. Lovin' the H2O, just need to drink more! Keep up the good work!
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    Great NSV! I had that happen to me a while ago when I got an orange cream soda. I used to love those, but have been drinking only diet soda for a while now (that is, when I drink soda, it's diet. I drink a ton of water and some milk and juice too). I tell ya, I felt like I was getting ready for a diabetes glucose test, that thing was so sugary. Didn't know there was that big of a difference with diet sodas. I'll take it, though!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    feels great hey!
    i had a similar thing when yesterday i was stuffed after eating only half the amount of pizza that i normally do!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    To be fair, root beer is RANK. I tried it for the first time on Thursday, and it tastes like fizzy cough medicine. Bleurgh.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    good for you!!
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    well done :) i chucked half my easter egg last weekend when i realised that i wasn't enjoying it anymore and didn't need it....felt good to be aware of how my attitude to food has changed
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!