UGH! PLATEAU!

Options
Lost 10 pounds, have 10 more to go and the scale will not budge!!!
I'm at 1,200 calories a day and I exercise. Should I drastically cut some
cals to get over this hump? Anyone have any suggestions?
THANKS!

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    More info please.

Height? Weight? Do you weigh your food on a digital scale? Log everything, everyday? Can you open your diary? How long since you lost weight?
  • annar298
    annar298 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My advice may not be as good as other but it sounds like you need to eat more. Shock your body don't eat that bad, have a bad meal or not to bad. Make your eat more, then go back to you diet regimen. If you eat more you will lost weight again. It's a weird science but I don't know how your exercise level is, that also contributes. Good Luck on the last ten...
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    The last 10 is the toughest, you need to be patient and have accurate calorie counting :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    How long has your weight been the same?
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    More info please.

Can you open your diary?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    KellyPearl wrote: »
    THANKS!

This is normal it seems and they can last a few weeks. The brain gets concerned when its gas gauge (hormones from fat cells talking to the brain) starts dropping and can show down the metabolism until it makes sense of what is going on. Cutting carbs does help but at 1200 I expect you are well below your burn rate. I try to stay with the plan for a while especially if your waist size is coming down as your body adjusts to it new weight.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What are your stats and can you open your diary. Additionally, how long has this "plateau" been?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    KellyPearl wrote: »
    THANKS!

This is normal it seems and they can last a few weeks. The brain gets concerned when its gas gauge (hormones from fat cells talking to the brain) starts dropping and can show down the metabolism until it makes sense of what is going on. Cutting carbs does help but at 1200 I expect you are well below your burn rate. I try to stay with the plan for a while especially if your waist size is coming down as your body adjusts to it new weight.

This is not right at all. Your metabolism doesn't slow down...good lord. CARBS ARE PERFECTLY FINE TO EAT. Please quit telling people to cut them.

Repost just cuz obviously relevant
    tumblr_ma0g8dygih1r26yqro1_500.gif
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I've often read that a "re feed " can kick start weight loss. Have a big calorie day once a week or fortnight.
  • marialy21
    marialy21 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I started adding a cheat meal once a week to my regime and I am definitely enjoying it! I look forward to a "treat" like pizza or fast food. I lost 9 lbs in 45 days. And I'm now 2 lbs away from my goal weight!!!
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's time for a high carb RE-FEED DAY!!! *dance*
  • cajunurmamma
    Options
    I need help with this as well, although I have much more left to lose. The first couple of weeks I thought it was just a plateau but now 6 weeks very little loss and 4 weeks of none. Boo. I log everything and allow 50-100 for mistakes. 1,200 a day.