Herbalife weight loss

Options
Hi all!

Just wanted to day hello! I'm a mum of two, 34 (nearly 35) female. I want to lose 3.5 stone to take me down to 9.5st as I am 5'wl this is a sensible goal.

I have started on herbalife and have been recommended 1000 calories a day but I'm not sure this is enough. Anyone else done herbalife - did it work?

Thanks in advance xx

Replies

• chrishazza
    chrishazza Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello,and welcome.Not done herbalife but 1000 cals per day seems very low.what are the mfp calories when you entered your goals?
  • laurahopley
    Options
    They were 1200 to lose 2lbs a week x
  • chrishazza
    chrishazza Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That sounds a bit better,but don't forget the more you exercise the more cals you can have with mfp.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Look at the ingredients and just say NO. :-)
  • dianesheart88
    dianesheart88 Posts: 111 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Do NOT do anything that you will not be able to do for the rest of your life. Shakes and all that other temporary fix stuff is a recipe to gain it all right back as soon as you stop using them. Also, I have no idea how anyone on here survives on 1200 calories a day... make smarter choices, measure your food, eat and exercise. Simple.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Herbalife is a complete waste of money, all you need is a calorie deficit and you will lose weight. 1000 calories is too low though and eating this little is likely to result in losing muscle which you do not want.
  • OnceBitt2xshy34
    Options
    Yeah, what they said..
  • mizroxy13
    mizroxy13 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    If it's something you won't sustain for eternity, don't do it.
    If it costs an exorbitant amount of money, it's a scam.

Get a good protein and eat a diet of quality food, don't be on a diet. Getting healthy and fit should cost no more than your regular lifestyle...except maybe for some good shoes. :)

Also, iifym.com will help you calculate your caloric needs with the TDEE and BMR calculators.
  • forkofpower
    forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    If you need the Herballife to lose weight, then how will you keep losing/maintaining without it? If you plan to transition into a healthy lifestyle without Herballife 'eventually', then why not just do it now?
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    oooh herbalife :)
  • carlosjenno
    carlosjenno Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Herbalife is a con. Pyramid selling, MLM, ponzi scheme, whatever, it's a waste of money. Ditch it, you've been sold a pup.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    TAt1M6N.gif

No to Herbalife.

No to 1000 calories.

No to the whole freaking thing.

I eat between 1600 and 1700 calories a day and I'm still losing. That's the magic of IIFYM.
  • sweedee1218
    sweedee1218 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    TAt1M6N.gif

No to Herbalife.

No to 1000 calories.

I eat between 1600 and 1700 calories a day and I'm still losing. That's the magic of IIFYM.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! I love the gif!!!!!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Herbalife, no bueno.
  • laurahopley
    Options
    Thanks - I think - lol! It appealed to me as I currently skip a lot of meals due to job and time... So being able to have a shake in the morning suits me. I have up to this point been having smoothies but thought of give it a go. My plan was to try it for a month to get me thinking / focused more and then once I'm back into good habits keep it up myself.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    TAt1M6N.gif

No to Herbalife.

No to 1000 calories.

Everything she said
  • theinfinityeight
    theinfinityeight Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    looks like i won't be buying more herbalife next month :#
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Herbalife is a con. Pyramid selling, MLM, ponzi scheme, whatever, it's a waste of money. Ditch it, you've been sold a pup.
    ^^^
    THIS
    RUN!
    f0qaikskoqtk.jpg

• laurahopley
    Options
    Lol me either!