Had a binge

Options
I had a binge these past two days on Halloween sweeties :'(
Thing is I'm due a weigh in on Monday, shall I have a starvation day today to set things right? By starvation I mean eating minimum amounts today, not eating nothing at all

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    no, log it and move on.
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    no, log it and move on.

I agree. Log it and move on. Drink lots of water.
  • fruitysky
    fruitysky Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The best thing you can do for your body is keep moving forward. Focus on eating good, healthy food and staying within your macros. It sucks after you have a cheat day, and it makes it WAY too easy to turn a cheat day into a cheat week. But you got this! just keep going and you'll do great! :)
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    jtarmom wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    no, log it and move on.

I agree. Log it and move on. Drink lots of water.

+1 to the above quotes. I don't understand how "I had a binge so I want to starve myself by eating a very minimal amount of food to 'make up for it,' thereby setting myself up to probably binge again when my body gets angry about it," sounds like a good solution here.
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Regular day, dont be in a punishment cycle, you will make it a habitual thing to binge and then justify it with a fast, not healthy...
  • Penelope2738
    Penelope2738 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    good sensible advice, all. I also overate those darn mini snickers bars, but I plan on healthy today, and maybe even some good light exercise to get my mood up. log it, and move on, agreed.
  • tdhdee
    tdhdee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    If I have a binge day or cheat meal, it's just that. A day or a meal. I log it all and move on as suggested. Yes, it affects my total weight loss for the week in some cases (depending on how bad it was and how close to weigh day it occurred) but I am also aware that this is real life. This is not a 'diet' for me. It's a lifestyle change.

Nowhere in my own rule book will it ever say that I will never have a Snicker bar or a nice meal at Olive Garden to include the bread sticks! When that happens, I log what I've eaten and get right back on my plan.

Now that being said, it's ok for me to do that now and then. I'm living life! But if it's something I'm doing too often, that's another issue. In other words, a nice meal out for me should not be happening 2-3 times per week. A Snicker bar as a treat or handfuls of candy should not be happening more than once in a while. I'm someone who can easily go down that slippery slope so I keep very mindful of when that's starting to happen and make my adjustments.

When I do have those things, I never think to fast the next day to make up for it. I can't imagine how that would help me personally. For me, it would make me binge again and overeat just to feel some satisfaction of having food. It's a crazy thing, this weight loss, isn't it?

57763017.png