No-Weigh November!

Options
This year I am finally participating in "no-weigh November"! I spend a little too much time obsessed with the scale. I want to focus on a healthy lifestyle and not a number. Sometimes I get caught up in everything and end up with an unhealthy relationship with food and exercise. I want lasting results by changing my lifestyle, and I really feel like kicking the scale habit for the month of November will help with that. Anyone else interested in joining me?

Replies

• Janneson
    Janneson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    ksnel3 wrote: »
    This year I am finally participating in "no-weigh November"! I spend a little too much time obsessed with the scale. I want to focus on a healthy lifestyle and not a number. Sometimes I get caught up in everything and end up with an unhealthy relationship with food and exercise. I want lasting results by changing my lifestyle, and I really feel like kicking the scale habit for the month of November will help with that. Anyone else interested in joining me?

I'll participate too! Why not?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I failed, so no thanks.
  • Kookie215
    Kookie215 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've already weighed myself today so i failed the challenge already! WTG though, i personally only weigh myself once a week, Saturdays to be exact, i feel like doing it every day is totally unhealthy for your mind.
  • Apple1234
    Apple1234 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I weighed today as my starting weight for the month (1st time im trying not to weight for a long period of time). Ill still join you in not weighing till dec 1st if that still counts :smile:
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    ok i'm in, haven't heard of this before :)
  • Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Apple1234 wrote: »
    I weighed today as my starting weight for the month (1st time im trying not to weight for a long period of time). Ill still join you in not weighing till dec 1st if that still counts :smile:

same here.

• ksnel3
    ksnel3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I think weighing today would be okay, and then not weighing until Dec 1st :)
  • JackiLean
    JackiLean Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Perfect! I weighed myself today, but that's it for the month now. This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!
  • cecewinansfan
    cecewinansfan Posts: 7
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I wish I could but I have a habit of stepping on it multiple times a week:(
  • LazyCatPame
    LazyCatPame Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Will give it a try, like the other I weighted myself today, but it's barely Nov 2nd, so I'll avoid the scale until Dec 1st and see what happens
  • Chloe9218160
    Chloe9218160 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'll do it! I weigh myself several times a day sometimes so this is probably a good idea.... :)
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I stopped weighing in two weeks ago, what do I win? ;)

I found myself obsessing too much about the scale while my goal is strength training. The two together are counter-productive, so I simply don't weight in. Maybe the end of November I will.
  • Squatch3099
    Squatch3099 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    If I don't weigh in, with Thanksgiving approaching, I could gain. I need to keep weighing in. Almost every day!
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have failed this already as I weighed in this morning. :p This is a cool idea, not sure if I would be able to not weigh in every morning.