Any exciting recipes for salmon..?

Options
Jovannyr
Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
I love salmon but i need new recipes for it...any yummy ones out there..? :smile:

Replies

• Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Not really a recipe, but I bake mine and then drizzle it with maple syrup (1/2-1 tbsp). Not to bad on calories as long as you don;t get crazy with the syrup. Flavours go well together!
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm startin to eat more fish too...I would love to know more recipes as well...
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I put a spoonful of pesto on mine the other day and grilled it. The pesto went crunchy and it was really delicious considering it was so easy. I just served it with plain rice and veg
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to make it is to cook it in a grill pan w/Emeril's Essence (just google it and you can make your own). Or put a smear of spicy mustartd, salt and pepper on top and bake it @ about 350 for 10 mins or so. Squeeze both with a slice of lemon when done...yummy!
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Try salmon cakes. There are quick mixes out there which makes it easy (Old Bay and Zatarain's), or you could control the calories more by finding a recipe.
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    put a very thin coating of light herb and garlic cream cheese or

bake with dill and lemon slices wrapped up in tin foil to cook or

in a tin foil made tray, place on top of a serving of green beans, top with a teaspoon of pesto, seal foil and bake.
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I BBQ mine just past rare (in other words not too done) and sprinkle with lemon pepper. My market has different seasonings made for fish and salmon. Maybe your too?

Also, dill - definitely flavorful and under used spice!
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    I've sprinkled a little brown sugar on it and bake...it's really good!! :smokin:
  • amazondan
    amazondan Posts: 35
    Options
    I just cover with a light coating of mayonnaise and sliced almonds....a squirt of lemon juice...and then bake at 400 degrees for about 15 mins. A filet like this then is great to put atop a caesar salad.
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I marinate the salmon in lemon and lime juice. Then just before I grill it I add sea salt and cracked pepper, then I add sliced tomatoes, onions and a piece of basil. Grill on one side, take off the toppings, flip the fish, add the toppings back and finish grilling on the other side. DELISH!
  • simplynila
    simplynila Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Simple and easy! It can be grilled (my fav) or baked. Cover the salmon in a thin layer of light mayo then put chili powder over the mayo with a little salt and pepper. The more chili powder the better! It's awesome!
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I like seasoning mine with onion powder, seasoned meat tenderizer and lemon pepper flakes. It is soooooo good!
  • Jovannyr
    Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys...!
  • flowinby
    flowinby Posts: 2
    Options
    New to the site...am lovin it so far and love the phone app.

Here is a great recipe with interesting flavors. I use salmon, but you could try other fish.

combine
    2 Tbsp brown sugar
    1 tsp paprika
    1 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp garlic powder (or a couple cloves of crushed garlic if you like)
    1/2 tsp oregano flakes
    1/2 tsp kosher salt
    1/2 tsp cayene red pepper (ground)

- take salmon and place in pyrex or like...that has been sprayed with EVOO or cooking spray
    - spoon mixture to cover top of salmon steaks
    - bake 375F 8-10 mins (thickness of fish may alter cooking time to less...depending on how you like your fish)
    - take off lid and broil for a minute or so to get top a bit crusty. watch it - don't overdo

let me know how you like it.
  • alb_photog
    alb_photog Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Crispy Orange-Glazed Salmon

2/3 cup orange juice
    3 TBS rice wine vinegar
    2 TBS soy sauce
    1 small chile pepper, thinly sliced and seeded
    1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
    1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, grated
    2-4 (4 to 6 ounce) salmon filets
    2 TBS olive oil, divided
    salt, to taste
    fresh ground pepper, to taste
    2 TBS honey

Garnished Hot Cooked Rice

1. Stir together first 6 ingredients in a glass baking dish or shallow bowl. Add salmon and drizzle with 1 TBS of olive oil, turning to coat evenly. Marinate at least 30 minutes. Remove salmon, reserving maranade, and season with salt and pepper.

2. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, and add remaining 1 TBS of olive oil. Cook salmon 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until fish begins to flake with fork; remove from pan. Pour reserved marinade into skillet, and add honey. Heat about 3 minutes or until syrupy. Serve Salmon warm over mound of rice, topped with sauce.

Garnish hot cooked rice with bean sprouts, chopped fresh cilantro, shaved carrots.
  • Seragilowechanged
    Options
    Hi There.

We eat salmon *a lot* and I have found many great recipes on the Allrecipes and Cooking Light websites:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Maple-Salmon/Detail.aspx

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/salmon-with-sweet-and-sour-pan-sauce-10000000592310/

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chile-Garlic-BBQ-Salmon/Detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-Dijon-Salmon/Detail.aspx

With the Baked Dijon Salmon, I just use honey mustard and a wee bit of mayo omitting the butter and also forgo the breadcrumbs...gluten free living here.

Hope these help....

Good Luck
    Seragilo

Added thought: I love to cook and try new recipes! I have hundreds for just about everything!