Is 4-5 lbs weight gain in 2 weeks possible?

Options
So I was 111.8 October 19 and like in a day went from that to 115 i am now 116. Is it possible to gain that much real weight in this short amount of time? I have been snacking a lot and today is my first day trying to be binge free. :( I just want to lose weight and get back to 111 at least. I am 5'1.5" and my ultimate goal is around 105-106. It's so hard seeing the scale go up and seeing pants i wore last month that don't fit now.

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
  • egirl68
    egirl68 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
    I don't add foods to the diary i just go on here for the forums but I average 1200-1300 day or less and i binged past couple weeks on things like chex mix grapes ice cream etc

• beatricelombule
    beatricelombule Posts: 96 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You can't know for sure that you eat within 1200-1300 a day without counting and registering.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    The only other comment I have is, do you get enough fiber?
  • egirl68
    Options
    You can't know for sure that you eat within 1200-1300 a day without counting and registering.
    I pay attention to the calories cause I eat really low cal foods like for lunch I only eat small salad with 30 calorie dressing, and breakfast is usually 200 cal parfait and dinner depending on what can be from 500-700 calories
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    egirl68 wrote: »
    Open your diary.
    I don't add foods to the diary i just go on here for the forums but I average 1200-1300 day or less and i binged past couple weeks on things like chex mix grapes ice cream etc

Start logging your food. Buy a food scale and weigh it out so you know how much you're eating, because otherwise you can't tell what's 1200 and what's 2200.
  • angelamb1970
    angelamb1970 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    It's very possible, and easy to do.

4-5 pounds gained in two weeks is just about 1000 extra calories per day. 1 cup of chex mix is about 500 calories. 1 cup of ice cream is about 300 calories.
  • egirl68
    Options

4-5 pounds gained in two weeks is just about 1000 extra calories per day. 1 cup of chex mix is about 500 calories. 1 cup of ice cream is about 300 calories.
    one cup of the chex mix i have is 240 calories but i dont have a cup of ice cream as my binge just few bites of like the stuff in the ice cream like nuts or cookie dough

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I pay attention to the calories cause I eat really low cal foods like for lunch I only eat small salad with 30 calorie dressing, and breakfast is usually 200 cal parfait and dinner depending on what can be from 500-700 calories

So how have you gained 5lbs if you're only eating 1200 cals
  • egirl68
    Options

So how have you gained 5lbs if you're only eating 1200 cals
    thats not including my binging im just wondering if its water retention or actual weight and how fast can i lose this weight

• jessicaf86
    jessicaf86 Posts: 11 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    4-5lbs gain is totally possible. I can gain 5-10 lbs in 2 days of eating a lot of carbohydrates.

You said you binged on chex mix...probably have a whole lot of carbs in your system and now you are experiencing water retention. For every single gram of carbohydrate you store, you also store water. Water retention messes with women much more than men as we have certain times of the month we are likely to store water as well.

It is also possible that you are eating more calories than you think and gained a bit of fat (muscle too, if you strength train).

Don't get so hung up on weight since it does fluctuate for us so much. What matters is the overall downward trend. Measuring your waist with a tape measure can help a lot. I went a month where I didn't appear to lose any weight, measured my waist, and it was down 2 inches. I was losing fat despite the scale saying my weight was the same.

The scale can really mess with your head!

Also, if you are really serious about weight loss and you have any uncertainties, go ahead and start weighing your food. It's amazing how something so simple can make much of a difference. Check out this video: http://youtu.be/JVjWPclrWVY
  • z_bra
    z_bra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yes its possible...you logging sounds extremely random and incomplete. Weigh all you food. Log all your food whether its a binge or not....the weekly averages are what matters. You are kidding yourself if you think you are eating 1200 on average
  • angelamb1970
    angelamb1970 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

one cup of the chex mix i have is 240 calories but i dont have a cup of ice cream as my binge just few bites of like the stuff in the ice cream like nuts or cookie dough

Sorry, meant to write 2 cups chex mix. A few bites of ice cream is a binge?

Either way, in order to answer your own question, you need to weigh, measure and log your foods. Otherwise it's all just guessing.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

'A few bites' isn't a binge...