Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Losing close to 50lbs by New Years

2»

Replies

• vincelaccro
    vincelaccro Posts: 22 Member
    Be consistent, take your time, slow lifestyle change leads to better success than drastic changes. One thing at a time
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited November 2014
    You're on a fast track to derailed progress. Glad to hear you're rethinking things. Crash dieting may help you lose a bunch of weight only to pack it right back on plus a little more.
    Just follow the MFP recommendations for steady and lasting results.
    Eat clean, log all your foods and set your calorie intake to lose 1 pound per week. Don't rush.
    Exercise both cardio and strength, and eat back your exercise calories.
    It's simple. Here is a great read which may help.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    Losing weight is simple but just hard.
    Good Luck!
    <3
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    edited November 2014
    I lost 80lbs in 9 months on 1200 calories minimum. I was a little over 200lbs and now I am 128, size 20 jeans to size 3. I lost 2-3lbs per week and THAT is a huge drop, I was being careful and eating 5-6 meals per day..I had amazing results with the programs 21 day fix and p90x3, and I am grateful for them! I can't see it being healthy to lose almost 5lbs per week..and 1000 calories while working out is not good for your body. I would hardly have energy to get through a workout if I ate that little.
    I didn't lose extremely quickly BUT there are things I didn't consider and most people don't. It has been hard getting used to such a HUGE change (not that I'm not happy, I am!) but I'm still struggling with shopping, I struggle to figure out what size I'm in (i always grab bigger) I felt like I didn't recognize myself at first, I felt like I was looking at a stranger when I was fat (i wasn't always big ), but even more so when it was gone.. because I lost weight so quickly I didn't have time to get used to the changes I was going through..one day I looked in the mirror and though "omg, who is that?" It wasn't until losing 60lbs I noticed just HOW much I had lost. There is a LOT more emotional change that comes from losing a large amount of weight so quickly, NOT all of it is positive!
    I struggled for 8 years to lose the weight..always giving up from frustration wishing that I could drop the weight quickly, My advice is to develop good and healthy habits! even if you managed to lose that much that soon, good chance you may gain it back..losing is easier (but not easy) than keeping it off, so I'm learning.
    If you stay consistent, you will lose the weight. Don't give up no matter how hard and you will eventually be there. You will also be in a better place emotionally. Best of luck to you! :)
  • UmmSqueaky
    UmmSqueaky Posts: 715 Member
    Are you hoping to crash diet, lose lean muscle mass, crash and burn and then regain it all back, plus more? Because that's what your plan will get you. Make sustainable lifestyle changes you can do for the rest of your life, learn to log accurately and aim to lose 2 lbs a week.

I've lost and gained 10-20 lbs at a time, many many times, for the last 15 years. Why? I tried too extreme of a diet. In the last year, I've changed my relationship with food, have eaten what I wanted, just less, and have consistently lost 1.5 lbs a week. I know that I can eat the way I'm eating forever, and hopefully keep the weight off this time.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Glad to see you rethinking things. If you read the forums and get a good idea about nutrition and weight loss then you wouldnt have proposed what I think would be a crazy and unsafe target. Just rough calculations.

Your diet would possibly net you 1.5-2lb a week and the exercise up to .5lb a week, so have no idea where you think the rest of the weight loss would come from to make up the 5.5lb a week. Dafe and sustainable is what you should be going for. You would be doing very well to lose half that amount in 2 months.
  • marlovs78
    marlovs78 Posts: 75 Member
    edited November 2014
    This is my goal - 50lbs down by New Years...while it is ambitious, given my current weight of 249lbs I'm wondering if this possible.
    y2g2mce3s494.jpg
    sorry dear, not possible.

• cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    I'm 95% sure it wouldn't even be possible. But even it were, it couldn't possibly be healthy. Why do you need to lose 50 pounds so fast? Just because you're impatient? (That's my guess) RETHINK! Are you really willing to risk your health for what could only be vanity?