Question About Fitbit

Options
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post, I'm new here. I linked my fitbit to MFP, but have a question about adding exercise. Normally I just count my steps. I jog three miles on some days....do I need to put that in manually under exercise, or does it just count as steps?

Thanks so much.
C

Replies

• amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Since you have your Fitbit linked to MFP it will add in your exercise for you. You don't need to do anything. You can look at my exercise log and see how it's done. You might need to add me as a friend to view.
  • jessiruthica
    jessiruthica Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I use the FitBit steps solely unless I do something I can measure another way. If I run on the treadmill, I just trust FitBit. If I run outside, I use MapMyRun. By connecting MapMyRun to MFP, the information flows through to FitBit as well. MFP then manages the calorie burn differences. Also, on days when I work with my trainer, it is more strength training and fewer steps. To "get credit" for that exercise, I log that time manually in MFP. By logging the time the exercise starts and the duration, MFP then manages the calorie burn with FitBit again. Hope that helps?
  • crownchaser
    Options
    Thanks Jess! I think I will go with your plan and just let fitbit do the work to begin with. This is only my second day using it....so far so good. Thanks so much for the reply.