Any girls around 4'11''-5'1'' range???

Options
I'm 5' tall, and I'm down about 30 pounds now since February. Starting weight was about 174 and now I'm at 144. I was hoping there were some ladies in my height range who were willing to share some pictures/stories of their progress so far!

Trying to keep myself motivated to keep going. I reached my first goal weight, 150, a few weeks ago. My next GW is 130.

Replies

• latinmix328
    latinmix328 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ugh I'm 4'9! I went from 160-210 lbs in 1 year. Being that ur short also u can imagine how hard all of this weight is. Hoping for some motivation myself.
  • chaos416
    chaos416 Posts: 89 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Check out this thread. It goes back a couple of years, but there are new entries also.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/743399/5-52-girls-i-want-to-hear-your-story-and-pics/p1

Btw, I am 5' tall and down 12 pounds since September 7. At 128 now going to 120, but I'm pretty sure I will need to go lighter once I get there. Menopausal weight. Blegh.
  • AOdell79
    AOdell79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi I will add you! I'm a work in progress but I've lost 24 lbs so far since July 1. I am 5 feet tall. Here's a before picture from a year ago and a currents picture from yesterday. 8l9l8xxp00oy.jpg

wccnzl4sylz5.jpg

• WyrdSyster
    WyrdSyster Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 5 feet zero inches tall & highly motivated to lose the middle age pudge I have put on these past 5 years. I have a very small frame and usually around 100 pounds but as of today at 118. Been trying to lose with NO SUCCESS for past 3 years on my own. Beyond frustrated! Joined MFP almost 3 weeks ago and counting calories and measuring portions for the first time. Thanks for starting this discussion. I will share pictures when I have some success, which I hope is before the end of the year. Good luck to all here!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    5'0" and went from 164 to 107 after the birth of my daughter using MFP, doing Zumba, running and weight-lifting. Went on to have a son, and now I'm at this again (but finding it much harder this time!).

Here is my blog entry
    from that last time that I lost weight if you'd like to see pictures (I took them at 111 lbs, didn't have any from my lowest weight).
  • BornxVillain
    BornxVillain Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hiya girly! I am 4'11.5- My starting weight was 162lbs, and I am now 97lbs. :)c4d840bkkgl8.png
    (Sorry for the blanked out face, was a really bad pic! LOL)

imag.png 1023.5K
  • onelbperweek
    Options
    Hi I am 4'10 and 19 years old. I find it impossible to lose weight because if I even had a calorie deficit I would be putting myself on a starvation diet...any suggestions? :)
  • melissaharned39
    melissaharned39 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bbg_daryl
    bbg_daryl Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and about to turn 32. My SW was 215 in January 2013. My CW is 183 (weighed in yesterday). I did get down to 174 over the summer and was able to wear a one piece bathing suit while in Vegas without shame, but after I got back from vacation, I gained back some pounds. :P My GW is 120 because despite my short stature, I have a large frame.

2369e75e5a8e859120f28562daa7e53b5a9e.jpg
  • shillyfitb440
    shillyfitb440 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am 5'1 and 150 for my SW...goal weight is 130...I got there on WW but then did not incorporate portion control and healthier foods long term into my lifestyle and gained it back over the last 2 years. So hard with having a smaller frame because the weight shows quick!! Hang in there though and I would appreciate any friend ads from short ladies like me:)
  • Ciler_mcj
    Ciler_mcj Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    am 5 ft and 140lbs I would like to see more pics too :)
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" and around 118-120, medium build. You have to click on the actual profile picture because the ones that get displayed in forum (at least on my computer) make everyone look short and squat. I'd like to get around 115 or lower, but haven't been there in a long time. The hard part is eating at a deficit. Even 1200 is not a significant deficit for someone our size, so you have to be really accurate tracking and work out.
  • tautailgate
    tautailgate Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! Thanks for all of your posts. It's always nice to hear from other people that have a similar situation going on. It can get so frustrating! At 144-145 I weigh the same as one of my friend who is a size 3...BUT she's got about 6 inches on me, so the weight looks TOTALLY different.

Short stature can make this weight loss process feel like you're not getting anyway sometimes.
  • bbg_daryl
    bbg_daryl Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My mom is only 4'9", a whole 5 inches shorter than me, so yeah. Any little bit of weight gain shows up on her hips and butt so fast! I'm glad that I got even as tall as I did!
  • Angiruns
    Options
    Hi. I am 5'0". I am 131. I know that I am very muscular and won't get to the 110s because it just wouldn't be me, but. My GW is 122. I have been there before.
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm 35yo and 4'9. I've been maintaining for a year now at around the 89/90lb mark. Sounds thin, doesn't it? It's not on my size lol Well, it's slim, but I'm definitely not skinny :wink:

I lift 3x a week and keep active so I can eat lots of yummy food.

I don't have any pics on this computer, but this is my progress thread - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10003067/a-teeny-tiny-person-who-now-likes-to-lift-heavy-things-a-story-in-progress-pics
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    dnamouse wrote: »
    I'm 35yo and 4'9. I've been maintaining for a year now at around the 89/90lb mark. Sounds thin, doesn't it? It's not on my size lol Well, it's slim, but I'm definitely not skinny :wink:

I lift 3x a week and keep active so I can eat lots of yummy food.

I don't have any pics on this computer, but this is my progress thread - http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10003067/a-teeny-tiny-person-who-now-likes-to-lift-heavy-things-a-story-in-progress-pics

You look fantastic!! Congrats! I'm 4'11, finally broke the 130's. Sitting around 127-128. Hoping to be strong, and fit, and look good! LOL! Still got another 15-20 pounds to go.
  • yuiconnor
    Options
    helllllooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!omg i finally found people who are around my height!! I'm 4'11 and I'm around 116lbs right now. I need to get down to under 100! :)
  • LaRayneDechaine
    LaRayneDechaine Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 4-11"!! Down 78 lbs this year... but shooting for 100lbs! I will still have more to lose next year but hoping to met my goal for 2014! Finger crossed I can get another 22 lbs off... during the Holidays!

55404935.png
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, down from 178 to 110. Took 2 1/2 years of learning new habits of moderation and portion control. I am planning to post a success story later this week that will have pictures.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!