New kid on the block

Options
Hello all, my name is Melissa I have ideally about 60 more pounds to lose in a safe quick & timely manner as possible. I have a one year old son, who is amazing but like many mommas out there, I put on new weight and flab when I had him. Currently wondering how we're supposed to find "friends", is there a way to search locally or is everyone out here kind of in the random? Maybe the pros take newbies under their wings? *shrugs shoulders* I didn't notice many younger people as I was snooping through pages, but I suppose that doesn't matter if we all have the same goals in common :)

Replies

• mmeyer9041
    mmeyer9041 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can add me.
  • MackynDibsMom
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You can search by area, but I've found that forums about topics that matter to you are the best place to find like minded folks. The forums can help narrow down who's involved in the online community and who shares your interests. Feel free to add me
  • CaliSteph80
    CaliSteph80 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. You can search for local people, but having support across the board really helps you stay motivated.
  • vlheureux
    Options
    Like everyone else, feel free to add me! Sometimes it's nice to have local friends, but I enjoy the random people I meet on the boards quite a bit. Everyone here is so nice and supportive!