For those who eat frozen dinners, I found a winner!

Options
O-M-G. Lean cuisines Thai Style Chicken Spring rolls are AMAZING!!!! I had them for the first time today for lunch. They seriously taste like something at a restaurant that is not low cal or low fat. My lunch today, a frozen meal, was better than the one that was catered at a conference yesterday. A lot of Lean Cuisines, Smart Ones, etc. are just kind of blah or just decent, but this one is out of this world!!!! For 3 it is only 200 calories, 7 g fat, and if you eat the whole box like i did, it is still only 400 calories, 14 g fat.

Replies

• DotKey28
    DotKey28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. I am going to try them.:smile:
  • torregro
    torregro Posts: 307
    Options
    I love these too, and like you, I just get all wild and crazy and eat them all. Who eats half a box of Lean Cuisine? LOL
  • SewRue
    SewRue Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That's funny, I ate my first lean cuisine in a long time today (5-cheese rigatoni) and they gained a customer again. Im vegetarian so I can't try yor suggestion but the one i had today was delicious. I am going try some more vegetarian ones.
  • kerrbear79
    kerrbear79 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This was my 1st one in awhile as well. Maybe they have improved their ingredients/recipes or something. I also love any of their pasta ones like the rigatoni. Usually when I eat those I am still hungry and have to eat something else but with these rolls the whole 6 of them was perfect for satisfaction. And yeah the only way I would eat half the box (3 rolls) is if I had a really big salad or lots of veggies to go with it. I'm looking forward to trying the Southwestern rolls too.
  • ellenangel
    ellenangel Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I like the lemon chicken + brown rice risotto lean Cuisine a lot. I wa suprised because I tried the spaghetti and meatballs one and hated it/swore never to eat another Lean Cuisine again! The paninis are delicious to :) Need to look out for the spring rolls!
    That's funny, I ate my first lean cuisine in a long time today (5-cheese rigatoni) and they gained a customer again. Im vegetarian so I can't try yor suggestion but the one i had today was delicious. I am going try some more vegetarian ones.

I am not vegetarian but LOVE the Amy's meals! All vegetarian and although they have a "light" range, a lot are around 300 cals anyway (the paneer + rice and chilli/cornbread are so good!)
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm also vegetarian, and have found my favorite meal from lean cuisine to be their Three Cheese Stuffed Rigatoni.. I love the convenience of frozen meals, but hate their high sodium counts (usually 600mg+!!) The rigatoni I mentioned is only 370mg, MUCH lower than most other meals they offer - which is why its one of the few flavors I'll buy nowadays!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i eat a lot of lean cuisine too. there is something else i eat too that is more 'natural'..oh ya healthy choice. i like the santa fe beans and rice from lean cuisine..i think the smart ones version is not vegetarian friendly..it has chicken broth in it.
  • ndswimchick22
    ndswimchick22 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You should try their new Steamers!

They are my favorite right now. :)
  • WWE_chick
    WWE_chick Posts: 86
    Options
    I have some of the garlic ones in my freezer right now......just as a warning for some people though they are a little high in sodium. I didn't know that at first.......doesn't change how good they are but I carry extra weight when I have too much salt so just thought i'd add that in.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Love lean cuisine. I'm not a big fish eater but I really like the salmon one.
  • jen2bhottie
    jen2bhottie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i'm going to see if I can find some of them today! i'd love to get away from the frozen dinners but i just don't have the time, or the skills of a good cook...lol! thanks!!
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    These have been my fav since they came out maybe 2 mo. ago :) Only processed frozen food I eat really! They are super popular and run out a lot so I always stock up. Garlic Chicken and the Fajita ones are amazing- don't care for the Thai style so much. Can't beat the content and how filling they are for only 200 little cals!
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    The steamers are excellent but one of my favorite meals is the lean cuisine's lemon pepper fish. YUM!
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Cheese Ravioli and Lasagna w/meat sauce. I try to eat these as rarely as possible but i keep some of these 2 types on hand just in case I'm running late or I need a quick easy meal to take somewhere. The sodium is horrible, but they have come a long way.