OMIGOSH!!!! Not my favorite thing in the world anymore!

Options
Akaratel
Akaratel Posts: 137 Member
So I am going to the movies tonight, first time in a long time.. I have 600 calories left today, I think I have decided to have it in a dinner instead!!! I was checking to see how many calories were in the popcorn, maybe if I skip the butter?!?!! Keeping in mind popcorn is my favorite snack and is healthier than most!! Well, I think I will be skipping this treat tonight... I thought it was fattening because of the butter... check this out! I think I will stick to my microwave snack when I am at home!

http://www.dietfacts.com/list.asp?brand=Regal_Cinemas

Darn Coconut oil!!

Edited to say, I wouldn't even get the small unbuttered!

Replies

• a_freeman
    a_freeman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Others on MFP have suggested popping popcorn at home and sneaking it in in your purse
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    that's what I do... take my own air popped :)
  • Akaratel
    Options
    I was thinking about donig that... I still might.... just thought i would share since this amazed me lol!
  • crystal10584
    Options
    big purse + ziplock + popcorn = tons of money saved!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    <~~ When I take a purse they always check me out ( and then my purse).
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    YIKES!!
  • kaittx13
    kaittx13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    i did that last night. lol. it was nice bc i didnt feel guilty since i didnt waste any extra money or calories
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I agree bring your own , just be careful we'd hate to have to come bail you out of jail for sneaking snacks in the theater! LOL
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    <~~ When I take a purse they always check me out ( and then my purse).
    [/quote

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Akaratel
    Options
    big purse + ziplock + popcorn = tons of money saved!

YEP I was thinking that... it would suck going there and smelling that yummy popcorn and not satisfy myself :) I love popcorn hehe
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    I went to the movies a couple weeks ago and somehow managed to skip the food counter. Boy, am I really glad I did that after I looked at those calories and fat grams. That is terrible. I will never eat it again.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    not only is the popcorn high in cals... also high in price at the theaters!!!!!
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    aw man. Im going to the movies on tuesday(seeing water for elephants) and I loveeee movie theater popcorn! and i used to get it w/extra butter!! ughh I dont know if im going to be able to resist. It smells so good
  • Akaratel
    Options
    I went to the movies a couple weeks ago and somehow managed to skip the food counter. Boy, am I really glad I did that after I looked at those calories and fat grams. That is terrible. I will never eat it again.

Yes after seeing that and learning, home popcorn is much much different than theirs with or without butter, I was just going to skip it and have a nice dinner with my boyfriend to make smart use of my cals lol
  • mychirona
    mychirona Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    When I learn more about what my old diet used to look like, I wonder how I wasn't forklift heavy. My fiance and I would polish the big buttered sizes off along with a large soda EACH when we'd go to the movies!
  • Akaratel
    Options
    aw man. Im going to the movies on tuesday(seeing water for elephants) and I loveeee movie theater popcorn! and i used to get it w/extra butter!! ughh I dont know if im going to be able to resist. It smells so good

I know that smell can just kill you... it is my favorite thing in the world as well.... well WAS (think i will take a small bag to trick myself) lol
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I used to sneak in drinks and candy.

Now, I just get a bottle of water. I've never really been into popcorn - I hate how the shells get stuck in my teeth. It's overpriced anyway, regardless of if you think it's healthy or not. Just save your pocketbook the shock of the snacks.
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I only go twice a year, so I just eat it. If I went more often, like once a month, I would probably skip it.
    I went to a free spring matinee with my daughter last week, and I only bought her the small child 'healthy' tray. And nothing for me. We shared the bottle of water that came with it, and the small amount of popcorn. She ate half the tiny granola bar and gave me the rest because she didn't like it. Plus, we had a few mini packs of m&ms that we brought from home.
  • MariaAlexandra
    MariaAlexandra Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Say what?! Luckily I don't eat popcorn O_o
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Isn't it unethical to bring your own snacks? I used to do it, but feel bad about it.