Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

No-Weigh November!

This year I am finally participating in "no-weigh November"! I spend a little too much time obsessed with the scale. I want to focus on a healthy lifestyle and not a number. Sometimes I get caught up in everything and end up with an unhealthy relationship with food and exercise. I want lasting results by changing my lifestyle, and I really feel like kicking the scale habit for the month of November will help with that. Anyone else interested in joining me?

Replies

• Janneson
    Janneson Posts: 19 Member
    ksnel3 wrote: »
    This year I am finally participating in "no-weigh November"! I spend a little too much time obsessed with the scale. I want to focus on a healthy lifestyle and not a number. Sometimes I get caught up in everything and end up with an unhealthy relationship with food and exercise. I want lasting results by changing my lifestyle, and I really feel like kicking the scale habit for the month of November will help with that. Anyone else interested in joining me?

I'll participate too! Why not?
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    I failed, so no thanks.
  • Kookie215
    Kookie215 Posts: 66 Member
    I've already weighed myself today so i failed the challenge already! WTG though, i personally only weigh myself once a week, Saturdays to be exact, i feel like doing it every day is totally unhealthy for your mind.
  • Apple1234
    Apple1234 Posts: 20 Member
    I weighed today as my starting weight for the month (1st time im trying not to weight for a long period of time). Ill still join you in not weighing till dec 1st if that still counts :smile:
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    ok i'm in, haven't heard of this before :)
  • Cc215
    Cc215 Posts: 228 Member
    Apple1234 wrote: »
    I weighed today as my starting weight for the month (1st time im trying not to weight for a long period of time). Ill still join you in not weighing till dec 1st if that still counts :smile:

same here.

• ksnel3
    ksnel3 Posts: 107 Member
    I think weighing today would be okay, and then not weighing until Dec 1st :)
  • JackiLean
    JackiLean Posts: 62 Member
    Perfect! I weighed myself today, but that's it for the month now. This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!
  • cecewinansfan
    cecewinansfan Posts: 7
    edited November 2014
    I wish I could but I have a habit of stepping on it multiple times a week:(
  • LazyCatPame
    LazyCatPame Posts: 112 Member
    Will give it a try, like the other I weighted myself today, but it's barely Nov 2nd, so I'll avoid the scale until Dec 1st and see what happens
  • Chloe9218160
    Chloe9218160 Posts: 61 Member
    I'll do it! I weigh myself several times a day sometimes so this is probably a good idea.... :)
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    edited November 2014
    I stopped weighing in two weeks ago, what do I win? ;)

I found myself obsessing too much about the scale while my goal is strength training. The two together are counter-productive, so I simply don't weight in. Maybe the end of November I will.
  • Squatch3099
    Squatch3099 Posts: 87 Member
    If I don't weigh in, with Thanksgiving approaching, I could gain. I need to keep weighing in. Almost every day!
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    I have failed this already as I weighed in this morning. :p This is a cool idea, not sure if I would be able to not weigh in every morning.