Any other girls here eat 3000cals?

Options
daretrochick
daretrochick Posts: 3
edited November 2014 in Food and Nutrition
I am a 15 year old female who is 5 ft 8 and I maintain a weight of between 105-108lbs on 3000 calories. I'm really active-I workout 5-6 times a week for an hour and a half(thats 20 mins HIIT cardio and 70 mins weightlifting) and I walk quite alot/take hikes. But I get quite shocked since so many girls and women eat ALOT less than me, when I lose weight if I eat any less than 3000. Idk, I might just have a very fast metabolism because I'm still young or it could be due to all of the exercise that I do, but do any girls on here eat more than, say, 2500?

Replies

• noexcusesjustresults2014
    Options
    I am 19yo, 5'7 and 128 pounds. While my TDEE is less than 3000 I know it is higher than most women my size. Depending on my training volume I can maintain in your ballpark. This month I plan to run around 300 miles plus cross training and lifting. I am sure your TDEE is more heavily influenced by your workout volume than your age
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    You are young, taller than many women and very active - it does not surprise me at all that you maintain on more calories than many other women.
    -
    Am not getting what is shocking about this at all.

At 15, you are also too young to be a member of this site, which is for over 18's only.
  • synchrohobbit
    synchrohobbit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That's how much I ate at that age and weight when I was competing and training 20 hours a week.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    adults over 18 don't generally have that low of a bmi to begin with, unless they are sick. your question is irrelevant to a forum of adults. when you're over 18, you probably won't be that thin anymore either.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Poor you. :s
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh youth!