First milestone! I dropped my first 50lbs!

Options
vamaena
vamaena Posts: 217 Member
Hello everyone!

I'm still ways off from accomplishing my goal but I have successfully hit my first milestone! I got rid of 50lbs that I will never regain! When I first started my journey to fitness I joined a gym with the hopes of losing a few inches and 20lbs by Christmas. So far I've exceeded my expectations on what I'm capable of doing and I will keep proving to myself that I can be better and fitter.

I just wanted to share my success so far with everyone here and show off some of my progress pictures! These were all taken wearing the same clothing. In the ones to the left I weighed in at 338lbs on the ones to the right (taken this morning) I weighed in at 287.2lbs. I realize I'm still pretty heavy, but I'm under 300 and working my way to a healthier and fitter life every day!

My next mini milestone is at 75lbs and my next big one is at 100lbs.

k0xkvl6wnh1a.jpg

On the left my upper chest was 49.75 inches, my waist was 56.25 and my hips were 56.75.
On the right, my upper chest is 43 inches, my waist 47 inches, and my hips 48.5.

31d7wa5p1mz3.jpg

l2tksvp9ww3j.jpg

Replies

• Rachelwin65
    Rachelwin65 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT! Good job!
  • cmsgrant
    cmsgrant Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! You are doing awesome! Keep it up, you are lookin good....
  • VictoriaS57
    VictoriaS57 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    What a great job you are doing! You already look years younger, too. Keep it up!
  • southernbuttercup
    southernbuttercup Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up and you will reach your goals in no time.
  • Bekkah5215
    Options
    Amazing progress! Congrats and keep up the hard work! :)
  • Itlnchk
    Itlnchk Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • pppsmurf47
    pppsmurf47 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    look great i want to lose 100 lost 40 so far how do you do calories
  • vamaena
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    pppsmurf47 wrote: »
    look great i want to lose 100 lost 40 so far how do you do calories

I have a pretty high calorie goal so it makes it a little easier for me but I basically just try to stay under the goal. I try to eat lean meats as well as tons of fruits and veggies but I don't shy away from junk either. I just make sure I have everything in moderation. I also never eat back my exercise calories since I don't usually bother to log things like ketchup.
  • MiliOm
    MiliOm Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Amazing progress there is a big difference in your back pictures and your tummy looks smaller. Keep working hard and you will reach your goal in no time!
    Truly inspirational ;)
  • C5North
    C5North Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Really awesome, wtg!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work!
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! Great job!
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    awesome! It doesn't matter if you are "still big" 50lbs is a HUGE accomplishment and you have already done your body so much good. Here is to the next 50! You can do it!
  • enicus91
    enicus91 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :D
    50 pounds is a lot of weight, don't act like you're still heavy cuz at this rate, that won't be for long. Keep it up!
  • Jen_1964
    Jen_1964 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work! Thank you for sharing!
  • vamaena
    Options
    Mili - Thank-you so much! When the "before" picture of my back was taken it was a real eye-opener. I knew I was big, but hadn't realized how big until I saw that. It's definitely the most noticeable part of my weight loss which I'm thrilled about.

Miss Rosemary - I've noticed so much improvement with my body already (no more sore knees when walking/climbing stairs for starters). I know it's a huge accomplishment and I know that as I keep losing I'll feel better and better. If I keep losing I should be down another 50lbs by April 2015 but I'll say May or June because let's face it, there's still fluctuations and holidays in there. :D

Enicus - Thanks! That's actually the hardest part of this, is having my mind catch up to how much I've lost. I am really excited to see how the "fit, healthy me" will look like. I've never been a normal weight in my adult life (or even most of my childhood). I'm so psyched to see this new me and at this rate I'll reach it by the end of 2016, which is really just a short time away.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Huge difference! I love it when people take pics in the same clothing. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!