No Time To Work Out But Time For Facebook?

Options
debbiesue1972
debbiesue1972 Posts: 8
edited November 2014 in Motivation and Support
I saw a motivational post earlier today that really got my attention. If I have time to be on Facebook that means that I can commit more time to my work out each day.

Replies

• frameloss
    frameloss Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I saw a motivational post earlier today that really got my attention. If I have time to be on Facebook that means that I can commit more time to my work out each day.

Awesome reminder!!!
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Oh yes!
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I am surprised how many people I know say to me "I don't have time to exercise".
    But they find time to have a lie in until 12 on a Sunday or watch tv from the moment they get in from work until the time they go to bed.
    Heaven forbid I suggest the substitute Eastenders, Coronation Street or Emmerdale (English Soap Operas) for a swim or walk.
    I would be lynched lol
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Chezzie84 wrote: »
    I am surprised how many people I know say to me "I don't have time to exercise".
    But they find time to have a lie in until 12 on a Sunday or watch tv from the moment they get in from work until the time they go to bed.
    Heaven forbid I suggest the substitute Eastenders, Coronation Street or Emmerdale (English Soap Operas) for a swim or walk.
    I would be lynched lol

Ummmm I'm in Canada but you still best not be trying to get between me and Coronation Street! Lol
  • Chezzie84
    Options
    Chezzie84 wrote: »
    I would be lynched lol

Ummmm I'm in Canada but you still best not be trying to get between me and Coronation Street! Lol

Do you moan about not having time to exercise? >:)>:)>:)
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Watching people's relationships publicly fall apart is significantly more enjoyable than workouts.
  • JFsNewLife
    JFsNewLife Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This is why I have my treadmill where I can see the TV. LOL
  • Chezzie84
    Options
    This is why I have my treadmill where I can see the TV. LOL

You are obviously a higher evolved tv watcher :D
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I don't have FB, but I do have time to work out!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    You don't want to know what I think about Facebook. Let's just say I don't do Facebook and I have time to workout everyday.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Exercise mat and weights are in front of the TV. No excuses! And also, more Supernatural! >:)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    People can always jog in place in front of the tv, if it comes to that. I always ask people who don't have time to exercise if they have time to watch tv... Bonus = you can't snack while jogging in place. Win/win.
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Facebook is on my phone. When I go to the toilet, it is facebook time. Simple.
  • CignaSi
    CignaSi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mind your own maintenance, and get on with it.
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I can't exercise at work; I can't exercise on light rail. Those are when I'm on Facebook. :shrugs: .
  • TanyaLafley
    TanyaLafley Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Aemely wrote: »
    Exercise mat and weights are in front of the TV. No excuses! And also, more Supernatural! >:)
    I think I love you....lol
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    There is something to be said for downtime, though. That gives us something we need, too. Whether it's time spent on Facebook or watching mindless TV or whatever, it's also valuable to us.

Read point #4 of this article: 5 Ways You're Sabotaging Your Own Life Without Knowing It
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Watching people's relationships publicly fall apart is significantly more enjoyable than workouts.

i just laughed way too loudly.

• canadianvampyregurl
    Options
    well now im feeling awful..haha...I have my elliptical trainer in the living room...guess I better dust if off when im watching SOA
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    I'm on social media enough that I typically try to post while I'm doing something - most recently trails.