oh also meant to ask...

Options
is it ok to carry cals over to the next day if u have any left? I dont mean doing it aLL THE TIME. But ocassionaly?x

Replies

• MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go with no on this one. You want to start each day as a brand new day. So...eat your calories, workout, log and repeat :) Good luck
  • jdg1mfp
    jdg1mfp Posts: 103
    Options
    I don't personally see any problem in this.
    24 hours is 24 hours no matter where you start the clock.
    The problem I see is that the application tracks 24 hours as from 12:00 to 12:00.
    If you did this often there may be the tendency to lose track.
    The other down fall is that trying to make up for a bad day you may not get enough fuel the next.
    I would be very interested in others opinions on this
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Not a problem. Like he said, your body doesn't know when one day is over and just magically reset.
    It's not going to make a huge difference.
    If you need 1400 cals a day and you had 1200 today, and you wanna do 1600 tomm it shouldnt be a problem.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters. What you're really asking is if you keep up with it or not. You are going to eat what you eat. Your body is only going to know what it gets, not what you think about that you ate yesterday or think about eating tomorrow.

Hope this makes sense.

I just focus on each day individually. If I have a great one, I pat myself on the back. If not, I try to do better the next day. :flowerforyou:
  • jen2bhottie
    jen2bhottie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well, it's not phone service with rollover minutes! Sorry, i couldn't resist. Calories are a day to day thing...whether you eat them all, not enough or too much. the next day you just start over.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i do this occasionally i dont see any harm in it every now and again.

the iphone ap lets you see your weekly average so thats really helpful when you sometimes under and over eat calories