Work out programs to slim down fast??

Options
I need a work out program to slim down fast, especially my midsection, but I don't need to lose a lot of weight. Which is the best thing for that? I also don't have any equipment.

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Gym - heavy weights and fat reduction at a slow rate through calorie defecit

You can't spot reduce though
  • LadyTalulah
    LadyTalulah Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    First off, like the other poster said, you can't spot reduce. That means you can't choose to lose fat in one area, it comes off in layers. Where you lose fat first and last comes down to genetics, you can't control it.
    Secondly, any quick way to lose fat isn't a long term solution. When it comes to changing your body, slow and steady wins the race! Best way to start off is to figure out your TDEE and eat about 250 calories a day below that and burn 250 through exercise (runnning, swimming, dance class etc).
    I agree that heavy weight lifting is the best way for long term weight loss and to get the so-called "toned" look all the girls want but if you're new to working out it might be good to start slowly! Adopt a healthy, more active lifestyle first. And when you become more serious about upping your game, definetely incorporate weights into your training.
    Remember, diet is the most important. It counts for about 80% of your success or failure.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Since your ticker says you don't have any weight to lose, and you want to tighten things, lift weights. Look into stronglifts 5x5 or the new rules of weightlifting for women.
  • Vincisomethng
    Vincisomethng Posts: 149 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Gym - heavy weights and fat reduction at a slow rate through calorie defecit

You can't spot reduce though

I know you can't target one area. I just want to slim down, but if I lose a lot of weight, I'll be at a low BMI. I do want a work out that does a lot of ab work out, though.

• nharr002
    nharr002 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Spend about $30 to buy Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 ($10) and a pair of dumbells/hand weights (5-8lbs) for about $20. Have at it for 30 days and see if that helps you get the results that you want. Good luck!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Superset fork putdowns with seated table pushbacks.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    If you midsection has more fat than other parts of your body, that's due to genetics. You can reduce you calorie by 250 and see how you do, but exercising you abs and doing a certain program isn't going to reduce your midsection alone. The body loses fat systematically, so where you lose 1% on your abs, you'll also lose 1% everywhere else.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png