I'm back again and looking for friends and support

Options
Hi I am Kathy and I have 100 pounds to lose. I have set small goals so as not to get discouraged as easily. I am walking two miles a day and want to work up to more. I am a type 2 diabetic and I am tired of taking medicine and being unhealthy. I would like to make some friends for support and to exchange ideas, recipes, and tips.

Replies

• kungabungadin
    kungabungadin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Well I am here for you and you can add me if you want. I am the kind of person who really cares about not only my progress but my friends as well. I will try my hardest to keep you motivated and give you all the support you can handle.

Yes this will be tough at times and we may have some hard days but together we will pull through. So I feel so pumped up and motivated right now I say LETS DO THIS!! I have all kinds of ideas and I think we can dig around and find plenty of recipes that we will both like and if I hear or have any tips that are helpful they're yours my friend. Mark my words women we will conquer those pounds and be into shape before you can say guneekgieeeegieellddjunderwonderd fdldookungabungadin...... to be continued when we get into shape he he he. O.k. so I am not magic and can't promise much other than I am happy to be a friend. By the way it may take quite an imagination to get most of my jokes.
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me!
  • vajohnson77
    vajohnson77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi add me too. I've tried on my own but I am needing support of others too!!
  • PacificLotus
    PacificLotus Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Kathy and all! Feel free to add me.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request.

And i've been cooking my way to skinniness. My first tip is eat a lot more vegetables. And don't eat any sweets unless you honestly say you can stick to only very small portions no more than once a day and it doesn't trigger your appetite.

I never buy sweets, only eat them if i'm offered them and after 10 months of living like this I know i can do it forever. I love my food more than ever and do not feel in the least bit deprived. I also don't spend time watching other people eat this stuff or looking at sweet food recipes (because they get you going) and so on. Out of sight, out of mind!

Successful weight can be easy. It may be a little slower if you are type 2 diabetic - and in that case keep your carbs lower and choose slow release carbs most of the time. Eat more protein and choose fat for energy over carbs most of the time. Healthy fat, not bacon!
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hey Kathy! Happy to help with support! You can add me.