Am I the only one who hates candy?

Options
So, my main weight problems are from candy. I would spend $20 a week on chocolate and go insane with it, about a year ago. But about four months ago, I ate it to the point of being physically ill; I was puking, and felt like I wanted to die. Since then, I've maybe had a few pieces of candy. Today I ate a bite size snickers and could only get halfway through it before I threw it away and had to sit down and breath, it tasting so horrible.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

Replies

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I don't hate candy, it's just not my first choice. There are many candies that I do not care for and avoid. I would rather eat baked goods like brownies or cookies over candy any day.

I am certain I would be ill if I had shared your experience. Your experience may have been the wake up call you needed to change for the better.
  • shartran
    shartran Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Well, I remember my brother who decided to eat a ton of Cheezies when he was a kid- got sick afterwards and to this day can't even stand the smell of them, let alone eat one. (he's 50 years old!)

So perhaps you've saved yourself the tempting most people have with all those baked items. Can't be a bad thing that's for sure:))
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Nope, but there are only a few kinds of candy I actually like.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I don't hate candy, but the only way I every overate on it was because it was there and I was mindlessly eating. It's not a particular temptation for me or how I'd ever choose to spend calories normally, even just focusing on sweets. Not when there's ice cream and baked goods available.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I used to eat candy constantly. Now I only have it if I don't have many calories left for dessert...a square of Ghirardelli dark chocolate is 60 calories, so it sometimes replaces what I was going to have.
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I used to love candy, but after i decided to lose weight i had no cravings for it at all. I haven't had candy in about 2 years lol.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No, I love candy, especially fruity candy like Starbursts and Skittles (original varieties not these weird pomegranate Skittles, wth with that.) Also Reese's candy, OMG. And Twizzlers. And Paydays. :)

I do not buy it because I'll eat it. But I'm not really tempted to buy it. It's not like when I pass the donuts, lol. I can walk past the candy with nary a candy-wanting thought.

Halloween did me in. I. Ate. Candy.

But it's over. Leaving the candy for others for a year. :)
  • mbailey423
    mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Not a big candy person at all....... Now Pie, that's another story :D
  • vlheureux
    Options
    I can't even stand brownies or cookies. I've never liked ice cream though, because of the brain freezes.
    And I will say, gummy worms I do like. Not the bears, they have to be the worms.
    And pie. Yes. I'm afraid of what I'm going to do when I see all the pumpkin and apple pies on Thanksgiving....
  • SMarieEM
    SMarieEM Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't care for candy. My weakness is the chocolate donut the size of my forearm in length at the local bakery. I haven't had one in over 3 months. I dream of them every night. I wish I was joking.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    vlheureux wrote: »
    Am I the only one who feels this way?

I hate hate.
    We don't take kindly to folks who don't take kindly over here.