Forcing myself to eat my goal calories..Help!!

Options
I'm either eating under my daily goal calories or hardly reaching my goal. I eat a lot so I feel stuffed and can't seem to eat anymore. If I add more calories to reach my daily caloric intake, then I go over in all the other set numbers such as cholesterol, sodium, fats and sugar. I haven't lost any weight, well I haven't measured myself or stepped on the scale either. I guess I'm trying to zig zag my caloric intake since it looks like I am stuck at this weight.

Check out my diary and tell me what you think?

I'm not exercising due to a back injury, but I'm watching what I eat as well as trying to stay active and walk more at work rather than sit all day.

Am I the only one having this problem? I drink plenty of water as well. Help me!!!

Replies

• WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Eat... Mor... Chikin..... (Mooooo)

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Biggest thing I see is you are lacking in the protein department. Eat more lean fish, turkey, or chicken. I know you're not hungry, but maybe stretch your stomach a little?

How about a protein supplement. Then you could drink those extra 200 calories or so you need, get some more protein and it will not be high in salt, sugar (with the right choice of supplement), and cholesterol.

You might be in starvation mode which may explain why you are not losing, but if you haven't stepped on the scale? How do you know???
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Eat... Mor... Chikin..... (Mooooo)

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Biggest thing I see is you are lacking in the protein department. Eat more lean fish, turkey, or chicken. I know you're not hungry, but maybe stretch your stomach a little?

How about a protein supplement. Then you could drink those extra 200 calories or so you need, get some more protein and it will not be high in salt, sugar (with the right choice of supplement), and cholesterol.

You might be in starvation mode which may explain why you are not losing, but if you haven't stepped on the scale? How do you know???

I second all of this, including the Chick-Fil-A plug. I got my lunch from there today, which I haven't had in a long time, and I am still within the calorie range that I should be eating for lunch (even if it is a little higher fat than I would like, it's a once a month kind of thing for me). I love that place :happy:
  • xoxo2200
    xoxo2200 Posts: 57
    Options
    I am eating a lot of protein since I still have some muscle left from being a former athlete haha, but I am watching all the other numbers as well. I eat fish and chicken breast. No turkey because it was high in sodium :(
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    handful of peanuts or add some beans into your diet? some carbs(or are you avoiding them too?)
  • xoxo2200
    xoxo2200 Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm getting my carbs through veggies and lentils :)
    I'm trying to eat clean for the most part.