Level 2, 30 day shred

Haribo47
Haribo47 Posts: 44
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
OMG its soooooooo hard. How has everyone else found it. I'm thinking of going back to level 1.

Replies

• mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    For me it was the hardest level. I hated that one! But you'll feel so good when you can get through it so stick with it!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    I hate the stupid V crosses. And the balancing act after. Don't mind the plank stuff or walking pushups so much. I'm on day 3 of L2 today. I am sticking with L2. I was kinda getting bored with 1. I actually yelled at Jillian yesterday during the V crosses.
  • as1789
    as1789 Posts: 46
    I thought it was the hardest too. I just did everything really modified and pushed through it. It was really hard on my knees...
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    I can't do pushups well at all, so for me it was really challenging. My back hurt a lot after doing it...

Since I'm restarting it (due to my busy schedule) I am doing to start with level 1 again, but I think I'll only be on it for 5 days and then spread the remaining days out with the other levels.
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    I am finished with the shred, but level 2 was my LEAST favorite. I hated all of the plank position stuff. I thought level 3 would then get worse, but I actually enjoyed level 3 after doing level 2 for 10 days!

Just push through it. You will be glad that you did in the end! :smile:
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Yes it is hard!!! :-) but worth it if you can make it through.

I did make it tto L2 but had to stop because my knees were hurting. I havent done 30DS in about two weeks, but I plan to start over on L1 this weekend but I am not sure if I will pick up L2 so quickly this time around. I was planning 10 L1, 10 L2 10 L3. This time I may do 30 L1 30 L2 30 L3.
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    WOW! I thought I'd die! I started it last week and did it 4 times before I "officially" started it. So "officially" I'm on day 2. I'm shocked I could work my way up to it! Just keep at it and stop when you need to for now. I figure I'll be doing this for about 2 weeks before I move on! I will conquer it, though! Keep it up and you'll be surprised at your progress!
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Level 2 seemed the most challenging to me. I'm onto level 3 and am so glad that I made it this far. Keep it up! You can do it!!
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    I finished Level 1 and went on to Day 1 Level 2. Then a cold set in that made it hard to baethe so after 2 weeks I am finally feeling much better and heading back in to Level 2 again!! I think the first day of any new exercise routine is the hardest because you don't know what to expect. That's what I find anyway.
    Push through it! I plan to! Can't wait to see the outcome!!!!!!!
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    I go with the rule...If it's easy it's not working..no pain no gain :wink:
  • KristyF08
    KristyF08 Posts: 89 Member
    Level 2 is my absolute FAVORITE!!!!! I saw quick results with it. I am actually on round 3 of the 30 Day Shred and starting level 2 again tonight. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Level 2! Stick with it, it does get easier and you will see some great results! :flowerforyou:
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    im on l3 and i like this level the best:smile:
  • msmonique95
    msmonique95 Posts: 33 Member
    Don't go back to Level 1. You have to push yourself. I'm on day 3 of Level 2 and I have to say, it is really burning the calories. I think the last circuit is the the hardest but since I know it's the last one, I push thru it and I feel great afterwards. Remember - it's only 20 minutes. It's over before you know it.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    OMG its soooooooo hard. How has everyone else found it. I'm thinking of going back to level 1.

Oh so you want the easy version. Well, sit on the couch and watch it eating bon bons. (Joking)

The gains only come when it gets hard. After 2 weeks you'll be wishing you didn't go back to 1.

When I did Insanity Month 1 was hard. 35-45 minute workouts. Looming over my head however was
    month 2. The 1st 2 weeks of month 1 was hard and by the 3rd week I wasn't taking any breaks. Then
    came month 2 and I was really dreading it. I was reading what everyone else was saying about how hard
    it was and I was scared. So when month 2 day 1 came I did the workout and was it hard. Yes, just
    like everyone said...hard as hell. But I pushed and pushed and by week 2..same thing. I was rockin the heck
    out of those 60 minute workouts. Kicking A&& and taking names. Even when the people were stopping
    in the video to rest or take a few breaths I was yelling at them call them (well, never mind that part).
    Point is. YOU CAN FREAKING DO THIS! NOW GO GET YOUR LEVEL 2 BURN ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • melissa0001
    melissa0001 Posts: 313 Member
    When i started the shred i did level 1 15 days and level 2 15 days because i was very out of shape... round 2 of shred i did 15 days of level 2 and 15 days of level 3 (i did 30 days in a row of level 2)

It gets easier and worth it. Level 2 is where i started seeing the inches leave my thighs and hips!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    I find it easier than 1 actually, I feel it is more weights, less cardio my HR doesn’t get as high and of course it includes more weird moves only an unqualified Jillian endorses that can hurt you so be careful.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    What do mean unqualified?
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Actually my quads hurt less
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    I find it easier than 1 actually, I feel it is more weights, less cardio my HR doesn’t get as high and of course it includes more weird moves only an unqualified Jillian endorses that can hurt you so be careful.

Read this
    http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/update-jillian-michaels-responds-to-fraud-allegations--1642

My sister is a personal trainer and really they don't have much training either, really only someone is sports medicine is super qualified and she said she consults with them on her programs. She has been successful at getting results so that makes her qualified in my book!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member

Read this
    http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/update-jillian-michaels-responds-to-fraud-allegations--1642

My sister is a personal trainer and really they don't have much training either, really only someone is sports medicine is super qualified and she said she consults with them on her programs. She has been successful at getting results so that makes her qualified in my book!
    Awesome, thank you for posting this.
This discussion has been closed.