Running Pants Recommendations?

Options
I can handle shorts running most of the year but for those late December and January runs, it gets pretty fierce. Any recommendations?

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    If it's below 20 and windy, I'll do thermo tights. If it's the same temp with no wind, some warmups will do fine. Keep in mind that whatever you decide to wear, you'll more than likely roast and curse yourself for wearing them.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    SportHill makes a good range of pants and tights. I've used their 3SP tights and cross-country pants down to about 18 degrees F (-2 C).
  • kwvogel
    kwvogel Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Under Armour "Cold Gear" fitted (not compression) tights. You can wear tights under them if its cold enough, and running pants over them if its even colder (I'm in Wisconsin and run all year....)
  • MattNorrisUL
    MattNorrisUL Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Check out RoadRunnerSports.com they have some great gear!
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of light Brooks wind/rain resistant pants that I wear till it gets down to about 10'F. Lower than that I wear a pair of Nike thermal tights with the Brooks over top (just can't bring myself to wear the tights by themselves)
  • Garthamatic
    Garthamatic Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Careful with UA Coldgear. Stuff is warm. I have a lighterweight set of (sort of) manly running tights for 40-20°F weather. I would sweat my... well, you know... off in Coldgear tights at those temperatures.
  • MattNorrisUL
    Options
    Yeah, I'm not one to normally want to wear pants when I run. Even this weekend when it was in the 30s, I just wore shorts and a hoodie. I figured some at least calf length pants/tights to go under my shorts might help on those days below 20!
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Gore Wind Stop running tights are brilliant, I've ran the last 3 Scottish winters in mine with no problems at all.
  • MattNorrisUL
    Options
    Ahh I want to spend a winter in Scotland. Okay just one haha.