Personal Trainer

Options
Hello and good morning, I have been working with a Personal Trainer for about 4 months and just don't know how to track the exercise. He has me doing dead lifts, turkish getups and myriad of exercises that I can't find or create here. My "fitbit" allows me to add "Calisthenics" which is good. Any thoughts? or advice?

Replies

212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Excel.
  • jrd_815
    Options
    @212019156 - What do you mean?
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    all can be tracked direct in cardio exercise.
    strength training for weights etc
    callisthenics for other stretches etc.
    timed workouts entered.
    also,discuss with your PT,they should be able to direct you.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Notebook
  • lindzalexis
    lindzalexis Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I started with a PT about 3 weeks ago. He took a look at my MFP settings, increased my calories, and said not to log or eat back calories from our workouts. I prefer this rather than trying to figure out how to log what we do in our sessions, which would be basically impossible.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I started with a PT about 3 weeks ago. He took a look at my MFP settings, increased my calories, and said not to log or eat back calories from our workouts. I prefer this rather than trying to figure out how to log what we do in our sessions, which would be basically impossible.

So you're doing TDEE method. Did he calculate it for you?
    212019156 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    jrd_815 wrote: »
    @212019156 - What do you mean?
    I mean literally use Excel to track your workout. Unless you mean how do I track the calorie burn from the individual exercise in MFP. If that is the case then I probably wouldn't bother. I won't be that accurate anyway.
  • Praying
    Praying Posts: 6
    edited November 2014
    Options
    jrd_815 wrote: »
    Hello and good morning, I have been working with a Personal Trainer for about 4 months and just don't know how to track the exercise. He has me doing dead lifts, turkish getups and myriad of exercises that I can't find or create here. My "fitbit" allows me to add "Calisthenics" which is good. Any thoughts? or advice?

You can create an exercise "personal training session" and log the time and calories burned, that is what I do. I log the calories from my heart rate monitor.

I use a trainer also but even when exercising on my own I log everything as a personal training session because I do a mix of strength and cardio training in all my exercise sessions.