Home Workouts

Options
I need some good at home work out routines since I have picked up a part time job and have next to no time to go to the gym. I was going bootcamp 2x a week when I did go to the gym, along with a zumba class 2x a week. What can I do at home with no equipment to keep me up to par until I can get back in the gym on the regular?

Replies

• cookmtn
    cookmtn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have zumba dvds and tae bo dvd, (I know, kinda old school, but I like them). I do these when I can't get to badminton.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender workouts are always great. You can go to the website or find them on youtube. Bodyweight workouts and HIIT workouts are awesome. You can find anything on youtube.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    insanity!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Love these ideas. I coaxed my husband to dance with me in the kitchen. We kept it up until he was to embarrassed to continue. How about resistance bands? Stair exercises gotta be good too. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw10.htm
  • atsirktigger
    Options
    i went to crossfit for a while and couldn't afford it anymore so I started getting equipment off of craigslist.org and have been building a workout area in my back yard. I work 12 hours a day so this is perfect for me.
  • krontar1
    krontar1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am too embarrassed to work out in a gym yet, so I do all my working out at home (unless I'm out bike riding or walking). I sometimes Zumba along with youtube videos (Bollywood Zumba is so much fun!) and mostly I just do Zumba-like exercises to my own playlists. It was hard to make myself do it at first, but I made it into a habit, and as long as the music is good, it goes by quick.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Check out YouTube for ideas.
  • RevGillTC
    RevGillTC Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    YouTube has Jillian Michael's 30 day shred - 30 mins a day with cardio intervals and body weight exercises. Or if you are feeling like a challenge then Insanity is great - the first month is about 45 mins long, the second is more like 55-75 mins long with a week 'off' with recovery exercises halfway through (40 mins long). HTH
  • jomatho
    jomatho Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above, YouTube has everything - Zumba routines, walk away the pounds, dance, etc., whatever you like, just search and you will find!
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Blogilates has great pilates workouts, and some fun cardio and HIIT workouts too. I love ballet beautiful workouts because they are so graceful and relaxing, but you feel the burn after a few reps! Both are free on youtube.

At the moment I'm following Kayla Instines Bikini Body Guide. I'm only on week one, but I love it so far! FitnessBlender.com have a similar style workout plans on their website which are a lot cheaper than Kayla Instines e-books, but I think over time if you purchase all the plans it would work out about the same cost. But all (or at least most) of Fitnessblender videos are free on their website and youtube so you could easily put together your own plan for free.

If you miss doing Zumba youtube have many videos of zumba workouts, so you could easily do them that way.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
  • toya1815
    toya1815 Posts: 20 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    thanks for all your replies!
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Yoga for beginners on Youtube.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    This article
    http://well.blogs.nytimes.com//2013/05/09/the-scientific-7-minute-workout/

shows exercises and links to the ACSM paper explaining it in more detail, as well as explaining how it's a full workout & good for you.

You can do the circuit as many times as you have time for.

51637601.png
  • JessRaddatz
    JessRaddatz Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Check out Lauren Fitz on youtube. She has a ton of Zumba videos up and they are awesome. I love Zumba, but am way too uncoordinated and self conscious to do the class at the Y. I like doing the youtube ones because I can do the same one a few times in a row until I get the hang of it. I like repetition, so repeating doesn't get boring for me, but she seriously probably has 30 or 40 different videos up and the songs are popular and catchy so you wouldn't have to repeat the same one over and over if that's not your thing (my favorite one right now is Fireball by Pitbull). Oh great, now that's stuck in my head, lol!
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have done P90X, P90X2, P90X3, Chalean Extreme, Body Beast and Les Mills Combat.. all are pretty good, but cost money.