Binge Eating

Options
Lately, I've been super stressed and I am seeing myself lean towards food for comfort. I binge eat almost everyday and I can't seem to stop. I've gained 20 pounds in the last month. I feel disgusting and I don't know how to stop! I'm 5'8 165 pounds. My goal is to be 130 by New Years. I would appreciate all the support I can get!

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    You should start by talking to a therapist.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Lately, I've been super stressed and I am seeing myself lean towards food for comfort. I binge eat almost everyday and I can't seem to stop. I've gained 20 pounds in the last month. I feel disgusting and I don't know how to stop! I'm 5'8 165 pounds. My goal is to be 130 by New Years. I would appreciate all the support I can get!

You need to look at whats making you eat your feelings and find better coping mechanisms.

35lbs in 8 weeks is a fairly unrealistic goal to be honest.

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    The best support you can get is to get some help with your binge eating and why you do it or dealing with the causes/stress. Expecting to lose 35lbs by New Year is unrealistic/ unhealthy and you are setting yourself up for a fall and heading for more comfort eating.

Think about the bigger picture and your wellbeing.
  • aireseneca
    aireseneca Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Dear Kaitlyn--I found that certain foods caused me to binge: chocolate with glass of milk, pizza, sweet breads/rolls, and so on. You have some great advice already but I did find that I could better avoid grazing hunger and cravings by avoiding those :"trigger binge" foods. I finally went to Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) and don't crave at all plus enjoy the foods I cook. Forget about weighing a certain number at a certain day on the calendar and look for a way to LIVE happily with food. Read some info and find out what works for you. Sell yourself the process (eating what's right for you) and not the result (some number on a scale).
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Definitely consult a therapist who specializes in eating disorders.