Sugar: More than just calories?

krazykhris875
krazykhris875 Posts: 5 Member
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey there. So with halloween, I was wondering. I was once told that sugar is bad for more than just the number of calories, that it has a metabolic response that makes you gain weight. Is this correct? Or is it really just that sugar has a high number of calories/gram? I.e: with fat (regular fat), going over your fat goal for the day is no big deal as long as you don't go over your total calories, is this the case with sugar also? Here ignoring the other health issues of sugar such as teeth damage and potential diabetes, and thinking only from a weight-loss standpoint.

60368168.png

Replies

• You caloric deficit/surplus will control your weight loss/gain over time, regardless of sugar intake. Anyone who debates this needs study thermodynamics.
  • Weight control has nothing to do with thermodynamics. That's a body temperature evaporation energy displacement concept.

Sugar is healthy its the intake of double digit sugars which negatively impacts your lipolytic enzyme flora -the hormone responsible for commanding unwanted body fat to deweaponize and stand down.

Its this only hormone assigned to this duty.

You can't see a calorie but you can feel, freak out and be fool hearty by a hormone.
    No matter how many calories you count your hormones will introduce the final say to your unwanted body fat endgame.

Since you are unaware of how to data-fy and authenticate the amount of single digit sugar your body can handle before it surpasses your needs to maintain homeostasis its best for now calculate your protein number [Pn#]

Your baseline biometric of your metabolic need.

• CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Weight control has nothing to do with thermodynamics. That's a body temperature evaporation energy displacement concept.

Sugar is healthy its the intake of double digit sugars which negatively impacts your lipolytic enzyme flora -the hormone responsible for commanding unwanted body fat to deweaponize and stand down.

You can't see a calorie but you can feel, freak out and be fool hearty by a hormone.
    No matter how many calories you count your hormones will introduce the final say to your unwanted body fat endgame.

Since you are unaware of how to data-fy and authenticate the amount of single digit sugar your body can handle before it surpasses your needs to maintain homeostasis its best for now calculate your protein number [Pn#]

What are the proofs for all these absurd statements!!! Please provide links.
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Basically sugar spikes insulin...When your insulin spikes, you can remove too much sugar from your blood stream and have a sudden drop in blood sugar, which leads to cravings/hunger earlier then you would if you had a balanced meal.
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Here is an article from today's paper.

ELITE ATHLETES ARE PRONE TO BAD TEETH
    The dental health of the world's top professional athletes is as bad as that of non-athletes living in "deprived" communities who can't afford regular visits to a dentist, a UK and Us study reveals. Reasons include high-carb diets, acidic sports drinks, heightened risk of eating disorders, a lack of education on the impact of dental health and even having a dry mouth while competing. The report was commissioned after the London 2012 Olympic Games, during which almost a third of all medical visits were for dental issues.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    I've lost 40 lbs completing ignoring my sugar intake numbers. So no, it does not make you gain weight or hold onto weight if a person is in a calorie deficit.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    LeenaGee wrote: »
    Here is an article from today's paper.

ELITE ATHLETES ARE PRONE TO BAD TEETH
    The dental health of the world's top professional athletes is as bad as that of non-athletes living in "deprived" communities who can't afford regular visits to a dentist, a UK and Us study reveals. Reasons include high-carb diets, acidic sports drinks, heightened risk of eating disorders, a lack of education on the impact of dental health and even having a dry mouth while competing. The report was commissioned after the London 2012 Olympic Games, during which almost a third of all medical visits were for dental issues.

Reasons also include lack of funds(most athletes do not get paid) and that 1 out of 2 said they did not visit a dentist in the last year. These two things coupled with their diet are some of the issues. Funny how you left the quote out about "not demonizing high carb diets". Interesting how folks cite what they want to highlight from an article.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Weight control has nothing to do with thermodynamics. That's a body temperature evaporation energy displacement concept.

What?
    Didn't you mean to say.. Wow!
    That's how I feel when this guy posts.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    herrspoons wrote: »

What?
    Didn't you mean to say.. Wow!
    That's how I feel when this guy posts.

wow
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    edited November 2014
    Terrapin, I didn't leave anything out intentionally as there was nothing more in the paper. I typed everything that was there. I am sure there is a lot more to the report otherwise whoever commissioned it wasted their money.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member

Oh you again????
  • GiveMeCoffee
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I see dances with wow is back. You were not missed.

Can we hook him up with that galehawkins person they could amuse each other and leave us alone
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member

Can we hook him up with that galehawkins person they could amuse each other and leave us alone

Sure, just make sure invite No-Breakfast Steve to their party.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    maidentl wrote: »

Then we have PrettyKitty show up and it's a party!!
    Best recessed convo of the day.
    Stick a fork in me

• GiveMeCoffee
    maidentl wrote: »

Then we have PrettyKitty show up and it's a party!!

If the all of them are together I'm locking them in, moving them to an isolated location never to be heard from again
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member

+1
  • krazykhris875
    krazykhris875 Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2014
    Lol, that derailed a bit. :P Thanks though, everyone! That was really helpful. Generally what I was worried about was simple things like, a can of Mountain Dew for example, has 46g of sugar, and 170. I basically just wanted to know if I should avoid it like the plague, or not worry about it as long as I'm under my calorie goal, and it seems it's the ladder. So if it's cool to have a can of pop once in awhile, awesome haha. Thanks everyone.
    60368168.png