Is this the right weight for my height?

Options
Hey everyone!

So, I am 5'0 and 100 lbs. I feel like this is a little bit too overweight for me even though my BMI was 19.5...I was just wondering if I should lose 5 pounds?

Replies

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You're in a healthy BMI, so 100 is good for your height. Losing 5 pounds would put you at borderline underweight for you height. I personally wouldn't lose any more.
  • TrailRunnermn
    TrailRunnermn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If you eat well and workout while getting enough sleep, your body will self-regulate and your body will gravitate towards what you should weigh. BMIs should be used as a guideline but definitely not gospel. I know women who have a high BMI but have a lot of muscle and are very fit and healthy.
  • findingmyw1ngs
    findingmyw1ngs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You are at the ideal weight for you're height. If you are small framed, maybe you could get away with losing a lb or two, but otherwise you shouldn't lose any more weight and let your body adjust and find it's own 'perfect' weight. Everyone's body is different. Just eat healthy/well and stay active and see where you fall
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    If you don't lift weights, it might be a good idea to do so - that way you can start to work on body composition versus body weight.
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    you should gain some muscle, you will gain weight or stay the same but look like you lost 5 pounds.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Good lord, no, don't lose any! That's tiny!
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and currently 105. I'm thinking my ideal weight is 102 or 103. So...you're probably just fine at that weight being an inch taller than me. I guess it depends on your body structure. :smiley:
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    5'1 and 103. I like my weight, but now need to get a bit of muscle on my bones. Your typical skinny fat - that's me.
    As previously stated you may need to reshape rather than loose weight.
    A few pounds of muscle will look better than the same in fat.
    Cheers, h.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    it depends on your build I am a little taller than you at 5ft 2 and 104 pounds my bmi is 19.1 at this weight my ribs are quite visable although I am not underweight for my height I feel too skinny atm..