Crappy Weather

Options
How many of you all don't feel like doing anything because of bad weather?

I don't work out during a thunderstorm, gloomy / dark / cloudy days or when it's just too HOT (the closest place to swim is a state park 20 minutes away, uphill)

I'm okay with the cold (because I'm ALWAYS cold, thank you menopause) and I can squeeze in Hot5 workouts with the pomodoro technique. (look it up please)

Replies

• bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I won't go out in a thunderstorm, but I like running or cycling in light to moderate rain, and I find that on a gloomy day, a good run or ride cheers me up immensely.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I was at the UConn game today. What a disaster this CT weather is...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    sounds like an excuse to me….I hit the gym whether rain, snow, cold, hot, etc….

• jazzy_45
    jazzy_45 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    sounds like an excuse to me….I hit the gym whether rain, snow, cold, hot, etc….

^This.
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Me. It makes me depressed. I used to love rainy days, before I had kids!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    That's why I choose to keep a gym membership. I'm so d@mn picky about weather. I actually don't get along with the great outdoors very well at all. It's always either too hot, too cold, rainy, snowy, icy, windy, the sun is in my eyes, too dark etc. The gym takes away all my excuses so I can continue working out rain, snow, or shine.

If you're as picky about the weather as I am (and it sounds like you are) you may want to seriously consider a gym membership. Because if we waited for perfect conditions, we'd never workout.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I have a gym in my building that I go to every week day but on weekends I love to take long walks with my dh. We walk for hours in any weather except hard rain/thunder/lightning or blizzard/hurricane lol.
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I bought a treadmill for this very reason. It is used, it is clunky and almost unspeakably old, but it works and allows me to watch re-runs of CSI while I walk for an hour. The weather in Kansas is so temperamental, I know I would be 30lbs heavier without it.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i dont like the rain at all, but I gotta say, when it's a snowstorm, I get a warm and fuzzy over braving blizzards to get to the gym before the employees unlock the door.
This discussion has been closed.