Have you ever won anything?

Options
2»

Replies

• summerhaze71
    summerhaze71 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I do sweepstakes as a hobby, so have won a lot over the years... but my favorite wins were a trip to NYC with a $2000 shopping spree at JCrew and a trip for 6 to Vegas to see Jimmy Buffet in concert (never heard of him before that). Haven't won anything in quite a long while though!
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I once won by calling a radio station and being caller #7 or whatever... and I won 4 tickets to Disneyland!! :blush:
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I've won a few things over the years....a Wii when it first came out, a dozen or so smaller prizes from magazine competitions (baby related stuff usually) a modem recently in one of those wind tunnel machine things that blow paper up for you to catch. Husband won a playstation 2.
    Just today I won a "grow your own sandwich" pack (planter box, potting mix and a pile of vegetable seed packs!)
    I still remember the very first thing I won......I won first prize in a colouring in competition and got a $5.00 voucher to buy chocolate biscuits!
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    I won customer service rep of the year at the bank I work at! I had no idea I was even nominated. They gave me some cash along with a really nice award that is sitting at my teller station. It was a really nice win and surprise!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I've won some things here and there, but in a big raffle type thing...in 5th grade I won a NY Yankees batters helmet filled with Easter candy. That is the only thing I have ever won in that type of setting.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I win concert tickets all the time on the radio...I have also won a couple of lottery jackpots and I won an all expense paid trip to Aruba....if I could only win Powerball or Megamillions I would be a happy happy mama.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I won (well, the dog won) in a community dog show. One of the ribbons she won was for "Best Tricks (Non-Professionally Trained)," so I'll take credit. I won a door prize too that day: dog treats.

I used to win ribbons in horseback riding shows.

I won a raffle of beauty products for donating canned goods.

I won $50 at blackjack in Atlantic City.

The Halloween costume I made my husband won 2nd runner up in a contest. I think the prize was a $25 gift card.

I won second place in a beer pumpkin pie contest once. That was a $10 gift card and a ribbon.

I like to compete in things.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    I've won a $25 GC to a local grocery store for entering a recipe contest.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I never win jack crap. >:( The last and only significant thing I can remember winning was a "His and Hers" basket of cameras, film, photo albums and a few frames at my Junior prom like twelve years ago. My little sister, on the other hand is a MAGNET for winning stuff. An iPod, gift cards, every raffle she enters, and a free meal out to a nice restaurant, off the top of my head. Little brat.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    My other sister won front-row passes to Rage Against the Machine in the 90's...my parents didn't let her go. *bites knuckles*
  • TheSnarkasticSkyscraper
    Options
    I once won two roundtrip tickets to anywhere in the US for Continental airlines. As soon as I won them, their airline went on strike. However, they did give me the cash value for them.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I won a moped once. My husband enters contests as a hobby. He wins a lot of tickets, dvds, cds, different things. It's fun.