WANTED: Supportive Friends!

Options
Lisone
Lisone Posts: 78 Member
Hey Everyone! I'm new to this site (it seems pretty awesome so far!) and I'm trying to stay motivated to loose some extra lbs that I've put on over the years.. I think a lot of us can relate!
I'm a Type 1 Diabetic and losing weight is a huge struggle. I can't wait to shed all this and start feeling like myself again! Thanks for listening and hopefully I'll get some good, motivating and supportive friends from MyFitnessPal :wink:

Replies

• JujiBean
    JujiBean Posts: 187
    Options
    Welcome! I think you'll like this site. Everyone is very nice! Feel free to friend me!
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site and good luck with your fitness goals.

need any supplement advice feel free to ask.
  • lindaschultz45
    lindaschultz45 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I can relate and welcome. I am new as well and still learning the site.
  • vnmw121212
    vnmw121212 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I am super supportive here, ask any of my friends, but I do have a "different" sense of humor and what not. So feel free to add me and look around at my posts, If it seems like I'm not for you I wont be offended if you decide to delete me,
    Good luck!!
  • ladonne73
    ladonne73 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome!!! I absolutely love this site....supportive friends, informational forums, and lots of jokes along the way!!! Good luck in your journey!!!
  • babetaylor
    Options
    Hey there! I just joined a couple of days ago and I just love it! You will love it too and will do awesome! You can add me as a friend if you wish.
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me y'all!
  • glenngrafton
    glenngrafton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there, best of luck with your goal!
    Two things that I've found helpful are:

1. Enter everything you eat and every cardio exercise you do.
    2. Search for alternates to the food and snacks that are higher in calories.

My 28 year old daughter was an inspiration to me. She was on the heavy side (she's an excellent cook.) She started on weight watchers and told me they have a phrase, "if you bite it write it". In our case we're entering it, not writing it. She's now a Zumba instructor and taught 5 classes the other week - in addition to being a first grade teacher with 30 students in her class.

You soon realize the connection and balance you have control of. On days where you had higher calories, go for a half hour walk or park your car further away.

Finding alternate snacks was helpful for me. I'd love to sit down with a bag of Dorito lime chips, salsa and sharp cheese to snack on when watching a movie. Since using this app I realize how many calories those chips have! 12 chips are 300 calories! And the sharp cheese - 2 ounces is 240 calories. As an alternate I'll have a weight watchers string cheese at 50 calories, dip sliced green peppers & other veggies in salsa, maybe a couple of mushrooms heated in the microwave with pepper and I'm good.

Best of luck with getting to your goal.
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • jkgeiger
    jkgeiger Posts: 14
    Options
    I'd love to be your friend as I am new also. The more help I get the better!
  • hols_blue
    hols_blue Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for 100 days today, it's brilliant and really works. I'm not far off my goal now but always open to new friends!
  • nykdem
    nykdem Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I understand your struggle with trying to lose weight. My wife is disabled (wheelchair user) and cannot exercise at all (not even upper body exercises) and her vast array of medication causes weight retention. She and I have both joined this site and have found everyone to be amazingly supportive and encouraging.
    Feel free to add me and/or my wife (martinne68)
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love this site...esp. it's free!!! :) Feel free to add me if you'd like or anyone else may also! :)
  • jescadet
    jescadet Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for a week and am just now becoming acquainted with the community building potential of the site. I've been trying to do this alone for too long!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I joined this site last year, but didn't start logging my food or having support until January 3rd of this years. Turns out that is exactly what I needed to stay motivated. Friends really do make this journey so much easier.

Feel free to friend me for a supportive friend who could use your support as well! :)
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    Welcome!!! Feel free to add me if you'd like!! Hope you like it here! I've only been here a very short time and everyone has been super nice and supportive!
  • zaz936
    zaz936 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well, and brain tumors are supposed to stop my weight loss. Well you know what, I've decided NOT to listen to all doctors that say it's impossible and at least try for 6 months. If I loose, great! If I don't, I'll still be in a much better shape than I am now.

I'll be happy to support you! Add me if you want!
  • Leslie2273
    Leslie2273 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just joined last week and have 'met' some great people so far. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • hannah0209
    hannah0209 Posts: 36
    Options
    Added :-)

xx