Will this workout routine get me results in three weeks?

Options
I'm a 19 year old male, and in June, I used to weight about 190. Now, I'm about 160. Light, and I'm in desperate need of muscle. Instead of a calorie deficit, I'm eating around my BMR. Each day, I do 50 pushups, 50 squats, 50 bench dips, and I do 50 sit-ups every other day.

I have a cruise in three weeks and I want to look a little better. My two questions are:

1. Will I see any results in three weeks?
2. What at-home exercises can I do to make my hips look smaller? I have wide hips for a guy.

Thank you!

Replies

• harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    No.

Agreed. Hit the gym - heavy weight

• trungalung
    Options
    No.

What she said. Also, BMR is the bare minimum of calories you need to take to function properly (so you're most likely in a deficit if you're eating at your BMR). What you're looking for is to eat over your maintenance (TDEE + X) to gain muscles.
  • JTennis1995
    JTennis1995 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    trungalung wrote: »
    No.

What she said. Also, BMR is the bare minimum of calories you need to take to function properly (so you're most likely in a deficit if you're eating at your BMR). What you're looking for is to eat over your maintenance (TDEE + X) to gain muscles.

Forgive my inadequacy, but what do those abbreviations in the last sentence mean? Though I've been dieting for a while, I'm still pretty new to this :)
  • trungalung
    Options
    TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) is one of the method to calculate your needed calorie for weight maintenance (amount of calorie you need to keep your weight the same). And from there, you can add more calorie to create a surplus (hence I put TDEE + X) to build muscles or subtract less calorie from TDEE for a deficit leading to fat loss.
  • JTennis1995
    JTennis1995 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) is one of the method to calculate your needed calorie for weight maintenance (amount of calorie you need to keep your weight the same). And from there, you can add more calorie to create a surplus (hence I put TDEE + X) to build muscles or subtract less calorie from TDEE for a deficit leading to fat loss.

I realize I'm probably asking dumb questions but if I add calories to create a surplus, will any of that turn into fat?
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

I realize I'm probably asking dumb questions but if I add calories to create a surplus, will any of that turn into fat?

yes
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

yes
    .... but if...
    You lift heavy *kitten*, you'll grow some muscle.
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    There are ways to minimize the fat gain from eating at a surplus, however to answer the basic question OP, 3 weeks isn't enough time to see gains no matter what you are doing, with that said; in order to see gains, you have to lift heavy and eat at a surplus. body weight exercises and eating at your BMR will result in further fat/muscle loss.
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    No. Too late. Go tan for the next 2 weeks, being tan always makes people look better....even if you don't have the muscles
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Yeah, tanning helps.