21 Day Fix Program?

Options
I work nights so I usually run into an astronomical amount of infomercials. I saw one last night that for some reason piqued my interest, which is the 21 Day Fix. Has anyone tried it? What does everyone think about it? I'm not so concerned with the "portion control" aspect and all it's little colored cups, I was more interested in the exercising aspect of it. Thoughts?

Replies

• gnalani
    gnalani Posts: 126
    Options
    Love the exercise DVDs but its not worth buying the program if you're not going to do the eating plan. There are plenty of other good workouts out there for the money!
  • tamarawisniewski
    tamarawisniewski Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow! I was going to ask this very question tonight! I have been thinking of doing this program. I think the eating program would help me get in better control of eating and I am also interested in the dvd's too. I was going to get it off of amazon, seemed less expensive.
  • msalamun
    msalamun Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    As gnalani said, its very important to follow the eating plan or you simply won't see the results you are looking for. But if you think the nutrition plan based on the colored containers is easy to follow (which it is!) and you can stick with it, the exercise portion of the program will be a walk in the park, comparatively.

Each workout is only 30 minutes a day. The only equipment you need are dumbells, a light set and a heavy set. For women, the program suggests starting at 5lb and 10lbs. If that gets too easy, you can always go up. Also, I highly suggest getting a yoga mat or something similar as there are times you will be on the ground and on your back, and this will give some extra padding. Plus, the active recovery day is yoga, so you'll definitely get some use out of it. Furthermore, most exercises have a modification if you have difficulty doing the regular exercise with Autumn (the trainer in the DVDs).
  • amcevers
    amcevers Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second round and really like this program. It simplifies your eating and meal planning and keeps you on track for not only eating correct portions, but the correct amounts of protein, carbs, and fats in relation to one another. If you're a visual person like I am, the color containers just make this easier for some reason. And it simplifies grocery shopping.

As to the exercises, I'm 49 and out of shape so my first round of 21 days was basically to get my body in condition to actually be able to do the exercises. I still can't keep up with everything but have gotten so much stronger that I'm amazed at myself every day. You have 7 days worth of workouts and you repeat them each three times. Everytime I repeat a session, I can do loads better than I did the week before. You should take a few days to a week break between sessions and then start up again.

My weight loss hasn't been as significant as my loss of inches and what appears to be the 'redistribution' of the excess. As I'm able to put more into the workouts, I expect to burn more calories. At my age, I have several obstacles at once, lower hormones and lower metabolism among them, so my body will take more time to burn the calories away. I have lost 15 lbs in the last 2 months and have about 30 more to go.
  • Smiley0514
    Options
    I think this is a great plan! Just think it's only 21 days that you have to commit to and see how you feel afterwards. What can it hurt to try to better yourself. I actually have a group on FB that begins at the beginning of November if anyone would like to join! I love helping people and getting them started to begin a new healthier lifestyle. I am also beginning insanity for the 4th time if anyone would like to start with me! I'm here to help anyone that wants to help themselves :) add me!
  • Ktylerw
    Ktylerw Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 day 2! Love the workouts. I'm not following the meal plan because I already follow a paleo diet. I lost a few pounds the first week. I need to follow the eating plan I guess. It just seems like a hassle.
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I started the 21 Day Fix on Monday & I love it so far! Monday was my day off at work so I meal prepped all day and I'm not going to lie, it was a little intimidating at first! But I've stuck with it so far & can already tell I am getting good results (refusing to weigh/measure till the end). The containers for the meal portion are a must to get the best results from the program. It will teach you the foundations for eating the right amounts of each item. You will be surprised how big your portions actually are. I realized that even though I thought I was eating well & clean for the most part...I was eating wrong portions! The workouts are really good & doable as well! Also, for the meal plan I decided it was easiest for me to eat the same things for breakfast & lunch & then mix things up for dinner. Overall that has made meal planning & following the program much easier! Let me know if you have any other questions about the program as I'd love to share!
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love the eating plan, not so much the workouts, there are much better ones... BUT, the eating plan makes a HUGE difference! I am almost 80lbs down and half of that was because of 21 day fix! It's a little tricky figuring out your eating chart at first and deciding which containers go where ( they tell you how many containers per day but leave it open to which containers at which meal) Once you get the hang of it and figured out, it's awesome!
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    oh I forgot to add, I followed the eating plan for a few months, NOT ONLY the 21 days. I lost 40lbs over 3-4 months :)
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I didn't like the meal plan so I stopped after a few days. But I love the workouts! I still do them all the time.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    just ordered it....we will see how it goes.....I find the container thing interesting and I need to change up my workouts anyway....if I can lose about 15-20lb over a couple months, I will be happy....:)
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Waste of money.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You can find the meal plan and the size of the containers by Googling it. No need to waste your money.
  • swedishfist
    swedishfist Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on my second round of the 21 Day Fix- week 5. I love it! The workouts are only a half hour and are as challenging as you need them to be. The meal plan takes some work to figure out but now that I am on week 5, I have hit my stride with that. The meal plan is just as important as the workouts. I found that even when I was eating clean, I was not eating the right foods. This has really honed my nutrition, which is really important for me, being vegan.
  • misslazo718
    misslazo718 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am also on the second round of this program! I love the exercise portion of this program- still working on getting the hang of using the containers. Personally, it has not been a waste of money for me as I have been motivated to login to MFP daily as well as workout 7 days a week with this program.